What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

After a looooooooong time in my backlog, I have finally finished Shadowrun Dragonfall Director's Cut for the first time. Took me around 41hours and 30 minutes or so. At the start, I kind of did not liked the pacing as much as in the first game, but after I got to the second half of the game, I started to have a blast! The story and also the side missions have started to slowly unveil the plot and the road to the ending was for me full of adrenaline (despite it being turn based game) and hard choices on how to proceed.

My character choice for first blind playthrough was Orc Physical Adept with low Charisma and Intelligence, with Gang Etiquette. And he was kind of greedy and naive, but still good in heart, so I have made according to that few choices, with which my party have not agreed, and if they would be real people, they would be facepalming all the time :D

I had lots of fun, despite being able to play it only during the weekends, and now I understand, why Shady was questioning my choice of Shadowrun Returns in top 100 2017 :D

If you have not played it yet, go for it! I gave it 5 stars on GoG.com :p

• Like 4

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

@Keyrock - yeah, I understand that from videos/twitch I've seen. I don't expect to play MHW with serious dedication but I'm hoping the crafting aspect will keep me motivated. I like that kind of busywork. Regardless, it looks pretty, combat looks fun (at least for short bursts, to me) and of course, kitty. :biggrin: Something else to do now and then between FFXV and while waiting for their Royal Edition. Can't play with the chocobro's all the time. Most of the time, but not all.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Monster Hunter World:

Character Editor: hmm, nothing too special in here. Bambambambam, choices made in 2 minutes, done. (funny you can have bearded ladies)

Palico Editor: omg they're all so cute, should I have pointy ears, rounded ears, flattened ears, solid color, patterened, realistic colors or wild purple/pink colors, omg a kinked tail, sooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuteeeee. 15 minutes later, still stuck in this screen.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So is there something wrong with my audio or are the npc's supposed to keep lip-flapping while no voiceovers occur (just the subtitles)? Not a big deal in a game like this, just looks/feels weird.

Had to turn the brightness setting in-game waaay down (I don't have HDR on either) for certain scenes/lighting to not be all washed out (seems to be a common thing). Dino's/monsters have fabulous detail, looks fantastic on 4k. I could actually do with less "story", at least this beginning stuff. Drags on a bit too long in the start. I liked that they had short example videos of what combat with different weapons would look like, in-game.

Overall, a nice beginning/intro. Now to beat down some monsters with my lowly katana. *cracks knuckles*

The problem isn't that there is a minimap, but how the dotted line draws away all your attention from anything else.

Luckily I'm not the only one with that issue:

I completely agree with this video, how games in general have moved, but also there are times where I like a little hand holding due to time constraints and in the witcher's case, some places not being named on the map and not being able to put your own points and notes on the map.

The witcher sense thing continues after the white dots, it goes beyond just a complaint about the nature of quest markers. The quest design, main story and dialogue heavy stuff aside, gets samey and boring.  Too many variations of the same thing.  Fallout 4 is a more extreme example, that's why you don't want to do them, not because of the markers. 

Kill bandit leader x at coorinate y, recieve reward. Then do it 100 more times.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Speaking of abandoning, I think I'm finished with FO4.  I finished off the two DLCs that I bought, so all I have left is the main quest.  And honestly, the main quest was the weakest part of the entire game so I have no motivation to push through.

Now I just have to decide what to play from my backlog.  I'm leaning toward Assassin's Creed Origins, but I might do Wolfenstein II.

I'm just hiking around sifting through buildings and building stuff in my settlements doing my best to ignore the main quest. At some point I'll run out of places to visit I imagine, but I'm not quite there yet.

Edited by marelooke

So is there something wrong with my audio or are the npc's supposed to keep lip-flapping while no voiceovers occur (just the subtitles)? Not a big deal in a game like this, just looks/feels weird.

Outside of some cutscenes where there is full voiceover, most of the time NPCs will just speak one line and the rest will just be text for you to read.  

So, I was on an expedition, which let you go out into the field with no time limits and no failure states and you can just explore to your hearts content and complete the main objective whenever and also pick up optional objectives along the way.  The point of the expedition was to set up a research camp, so I had to find a good location first.  Once I found one it turned out that a Kulu-Ya-Ku (a Dodo-esque giant bird monster that can pick things up to use as a shield and to toss at you) frequented the area.  My objective became to eliminate the Kulu-Ya-Ku to secure the site.  The battle with the Kulu-Ya-Ku was a lengthy one with many chase/tracking portions as the prey ran away frequently when hurt.  along the way I stumbled into an Anjanth (a T-Rex looking highly aggressive monster).  The Anjanath attacked the Kulu-Ya-Ku, which seemed every bit as frightened and unprepared for the encounter as I was.  Wisely, the Kulu-Ya-Ku turned tail and ran away, then the Anjanath turned its attention to me.  I was SUPER not ready to fight an Anjanath, and after taking tremendous damage and barely surviving, I also ran away and after the Kulu-Ya-Ku.  Luckily, the Anjanath being quite large, couldn't follow me into certain tighter areas and I managed to lose it then track down and finish the Kulu-Ya-Ku.  That was really exciting.  I thought I was done for when the Anjanath attacked me and my heart was beating out of my chest.  I'll track it down later and kill it, but I need to prepare myself first.

Edit: LC, please post a picture of your Palico pal.  I am giddy with anticipation.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Completed Act I in Dungeon Siege II. The game feels weird - for the most time I can play with mouse only and sell loot once in an hour, then a boss appears and I have to spam healing and magic potions and characters' abilities (without any tactic or strategy, though). I guess, it is because of well-balanced party composition (tank, melee DPS, ranged DPS, healer) and not poor game design (or being MP-orientated). The plot seems linear (one dialogue option for main story, 2 (accept and quit) for secondary ones) and predictable.

I made my first sea base in Subnautica, a quaint series of tubes hanging above a kelp forest. This game is much more than I expected it to be. The story aspects are really quite good.

I just got finished talking with my daughter who is gushing about this game she wants to play. Let us know if u finish it and how it is please :)

Eh ... I know I asked for suggestions, but I'm not feeling Wolfenstein right now.  So it's either slog through FO4 more (even though I don't want to finish the main quest), or go with Assassin's Creed Origins.  Or maybe pop in the last Batman game that I never got around to playing.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

If you've never played the Batman, go for it. Even if you don't get much more than a few hours in, at least you'll know more if you like it enough to finish it one day. :D

All i have time to play is some hardcore DM in COD WW2... i wish i'll have some time soon for Monster Hunter. It's installed , i've made my character and Palico and i've arrived in the New World and heard Matt Mercer ( i think, it's not Nolan could be Troy but it sounds much more like Matt )

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I'm absolutely addicted to Endless Space 2 and, after finishing my goal in Cities: Skylines (build a space elevator!), I can fully commit to Unfallen tyranny over known galaxy. I've finished their main quest (which was ... Okay, but not entirely unexpected) and now do the big Academy quest chain. It's good fun. Endless games are rather quickly getting to my top favorite 4X.

In my game the Academy quest spawned the nodes right in the territory of two factions that chose the opposite side in the quest than I. Problem: one of them was a member of my alliance, so our fleets simply blocked each other's progress and the quest that sat there. Completion of the quest would have meant breaking the alliance.

Trying to start a Vaulter playthrough, but never happy with my start.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

If you've never played the Batman, go for it. Even if you don't get much more than a few hours in, at least you'll know more if you like it enough to finish it one day. :D

I vote the Batman game you haven't played. Or ASCO. nobody should be forced back into a boring game.

I also forgot I still have Destiny 2, which I haven't played.  I'm kind of in the mood to run around aimlessly shooting things, but I'm also kind of in the mood for AC Origins.

I know the obvious answer is "play one for an hour, then play the other", but I tend to be one-track minded.  When I play something, I only want to play that one game until completion.  So I'm going back and forth on which one to start knowing full well it'll be the one I'm going to play for the next however long it takes to finish.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I made my first sea base in Subnautica, a quaint series of tubes hanging above a kelp forest. This game is much more than I expected it to be. The story aspects are really quite good.

I wish I could play it without the monsters :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I wish I could play it without the monsters :p

Yeah I got eaten by some big scary face thing earlier and I was super ticked about the resources I lost. But usually it's my own fault when I die.

I just hate those shark things that bother me as I try to harvest the vines. Or any headcrab like things that jump at me on the beaches.

Went back to Stellaris, ended up being a serf to an Awakened Empire so it just bogged down into just letting time run by. The game sure runs slow as hell with a lot of fleets moving around.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Monster Hunter World has some of the most believable ecosystems I've ever seen in a game.  From the ambient sounds to the little critters that scurry away as you move through the brush to the animals all acting in a believable way and having different tendencies.  You can sit back and just let the world go on by itself and packs of animals will move to a water source to drink then elsewhere to graze, predators will hunt and weaker animals will scurry away or fight back when cornered.  The animal AI is so impressively well done in this game.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Hello Obsidian members..and B. Isle diehards.

Been playing BF1942, since last May '17.  Still has 2 servers active.

Hoping for Bliz to activate the Classic server(s) they promised 11/4/17.

...now ganna browse throu forum, and see whats new since I last logged on here...

My best to the staff at Obsidian, laters.

ObTopic: Been playing Skyrim on the Switch.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Dirt Rally and Motorsport Manager

Dirt Rally makes me a bit sad that I'm not living in the countryside anymore and can't go drive around in the snow/gravel when I damn please and the fact that I don't own a pedal and a driving wheel for my PC.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I just got finished talking with my daughter who is gushing about this game she wants to play. Let us know if u finish it and how it is please :)

I'm not sure if I will ever really "finish" it. I'm about 10 hours in and there is a whole lot of ocean left to explore. I just built my first sub to go along with my base. I highly recommend it. You can really go at your own pace and play it slow and easy or push deeper into the depths.

• Like 1