What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Opus Magnum.

This game is truly a magnum opus.

bQUwy0d.gif

So many cycles, if they had used the 3 sided glyph of bonding they could have shortened.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm beginning to feel like I'm never going to play another game besides FFXV again, ever. I need help. :disguise:

I mean, I try sometimes, but then I go right back to XV. Haven't been this game-single-minded since when played DK1/Diablo1/Caeser3 for literally years. I can replay the 1st 2/3 of XV over and over and over whenever I want a gaming fix between TV/film and real-life, never gets old.

...maybe a year after Square finally stops updating it and then another year for PC version and any modding shenanigans (if that pans out). Think Diablo4 or Borderlands 3 will be out by then? ....

Good. Stick to what makes you happy. I still play FONV and Bloodlines more than anything while fitting in bits of other games when I feel like it. Have no use for the majority of new releases, AAA nor Indie, the art of Cuphead being the lone exception.
  • Like 1

Have restarted my FONV playthru for the 4th time now because of mods and windows 10. Been getting close to the strip and having it start ctd every 30 mins so been restarting and disabling mods each time.

I'm now from 105 plugins down to 36 plugins.

Thank God I love this game so much or else it'd been shelved by now.

• Like 2

played kotor2 for the past few weeks.  is easy to forget how good it were for the first 2/3rds.

slowed a bit on the deadfire beta as am waiting for the next update.

over the holiday we bought a number o' games, including our long delayed purchase o' tyranny.  can't seem to get motivated to start a new game.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Nine parchments - just reached 53 playtime hours.

The art and music are amazing.

I got through one play through but was holding off online play till this latest patch which fixed the saved so excited to get back in. Had a great time the first play through.

Bought Sub-Nautica, so I'll give that whirl when I get home tonight.

Excited to hear your thoughts. I have seen this game multiple times on steam but never looked at it more than a diving simulator but I had never even looked at the steam page but after watching the trailer in the other thread it looks pretty cool.

• Like 1

Now that I'm finished up both Far Harbor and Nuka World, I'm finding it hard to press on in the main game.  My completionist side is warring with me not wanting to slog through to the "end" of the main quest.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I reached a new personal best in Path of Exile, as I took my wimpy life leeching Deadeye (subclass of the Ranger) up to level 74 and then promptly died because I suck.

But at least I've gathered a reasonable amount of leveling gear now so when I restarted last night I got up to level 43 within a few hours. Also, I managed to get far enough to unlock the second to last Labyrinth (the labyrinth is a randomized zone where you can find special skill points for your subclass, it's also very good for leveling up quickly) so now I have the potential to reach much higher levels.

I also bought new inventory tabs so I can store all my completely useless unique items. I'm not joking, I've never played a game with so many useless uniques, and the ones that are useful never drops. Just as it should be. I love this game.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I haven't played a load of survival games, but Sub-Nautica is the best of the ones I've played. It has a decent narrative to push you along and give you a sense of story. It is pretty simple when it comes to gameplay but also has a lot of options. It is also a remarkable place to explore. Definitely worth my $20 at this point. 

The problem isn't that there is a minimap, but how the dotted line draws away all your attention from anything else.

Luckily I'm not the only one with that issue:

I completely agree with this video, how games in general have moved, but also there are times where I like a little hand holding due to time constraints and in the witcher's case, some places not being named on the map and not being able to put your own points and notes on the map.

• Like 2

Had a convo about mini-games within games (most of which I can't stand) which reminded me of Might and Magic's Acromage. One of the very very few such mini-games that I ever liked. Yes it cheated sometimes I think but what AI doesn't. :p

I'm reinstalling Might and Magic 7 right now just so I can play Acromage. Maybe I'll play the whole game a bit too, if my back doesn't mind sitting at a desk for too long.

• Like 3
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm beginning to feel like I'm never going to play another game besides FFXV again, ever. I need help. :disguise:

I mean, I try sometimes, but then I go right back to XV. Haven't been this game-single-minded since when played DK1/Diablo1/Caeser3 for literally years. I can replay the 1st 2/3 of XV over and over and over whenever I want a gaming fix between TV/film and real-life, never gets old.

...maybe a year after Square finally stops updating it and then another year for PC version and any modding shenanigans (if that pans out). Think Diablo4 or Borderlands 3 will be out by then? ....

Good. Stick to what makes you happy. I still play FONV and Bloodlines more than anything while fitting in bits of other games when I feel like it. Have no use for the majority of new releases, AAA nor Indie, the art of Cuphead being the lone exception.

Oh and ... yeah, I know. It's just that sometimes I feel like I'm so out of the loop, not knowing anything about anything, being years behind, nothing to say since I'm not familiar with what most are playing. And all the spoilers you have to avoid. Or learn to not care about spoilers (which is mostly the way I went). :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The problem isn't that there is a minimap, but how the dotted line draws away all your attention from anything else.

Luckily I'm not the only one with that issue:

I completely agree with this video, how games in general have moved, but also there are times where I like a little hand holding due to time constraints and in the witcher's case, some places not being named on the map and not being able to put your own points and notes on the map.

And then is Morrowind a game with an infamous quest where the directions given where so misleading people wandered around for hours.

As someone that hates having to google directions for games I rather have quest markers, if someone with more time than sense wants to turn them off and wander around for hours that's their prerogative.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

That was only like 2 or 3 out of the MANY quests in Morrowind ;)

Does anyone know how many action points the different weapons in FO1/2 cost to use per round by chance? Cannot find the numbers on any wikis that Google is showing me sadly.

Edited by redneckdevil

I spent so many hours playing pazaak in the KOTOR games.

Gwent was so addictive in Witcher 3.  I went from "this is so dumb" to "I NEED TO PLAY EVERY PLAYER I CAN FIND!"

• Like 1

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)