What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

Witcher 3 wasn't much better in that area, imo. No matter where you went, the eyes kept glued to the dots on the minimap. Probably would have been better to show transparent arrows in the game world instead of that minimap stuff... Honestly can't remember much from the environment because of that.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

IIRC in Witcher 3, it should be possible to turn most of these "modern" hand-holders off.

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Yeah, great. Then you don't know where to go at all.

The problem isn't that there is a minimap, but how the dotted line draws away all your attention from anything else.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

The bows in AC: Origins are fun as hell to experiment with. You have rapid firing bows, bows that change to first person view for accuracy, bows that take longer to shoot but have a strong impact, bows that fire 5 arrows at a time...

This is one AC game where weapons are actually fun to use.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Is anybody getting Dragon Ball FighterZ or Monster Hunter World on Friday?

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

@Lexx: That's what I hate about all the "modern" open world games. Shallow quest descriptions in log book, so in most cases you have absolutely no clue where to go without all the UI fluff turned on, but when you turn it on, well the game became more boring than corridor walking...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Thinking about MHW, but I have no time to play anything atm. :-/

Completed The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (a tactical shooter, not a strategy).

One save file per campaign is an odd design decision, considering that there is no way to respec, as far as I know, and there are several choices during the story.

Is that the one that was sort of like Mass Effect meets X-Files?

Yes, it is similar to Mass Effect (both the story and the gameplay). Though, there isn't much from X-Files, the alien invasion is fairly straight-forward, despite the information being kept from the populace. In-game it is explained as avoiding panic. In general, I guess, the developers tried to make The Bureau a part of the canon.

I think I'm one of the few people who actually liked that game.

I liked it as well.

It was my favorite xcom game.

• Like 1

So I scratched itch and played few hours of Stellaris. Awaken empire wanted me to be their vassal and as I didn't got enough power to stop them I agreed. Didn't realised that all my vassals will become theirs. Now I am not sure if I can recover or should restart :(

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

So I scratched itch and played few hours of Stellaris. Awaken empire wanted me to be their vassal and as I didn't got enough power to stop them I agreed. Didn't realised that all my vassals will become theirs. Now I am not sure if I can recover or should restart :(

Yep, I got an Awakened one right on my border, decided to be their vassal and now it's pretty boring. I should probably stop playing with 2x habitability and 11 empires.

But at least my borders look pretty.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Dragonball Fighter Z is tempting me, but I keep having to remind myself that I don't particularly like fighting games.

I also still need to get through God Eater 1 and 2. So I should avoid MHW. It looks nice, though.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've put about 10 hours into Darkest Dungeon on the switch and yet again, this system is the best play certain games, including DD.  Load times are quick, button mapping and touchscreen support and just playing it 100% handheld on the couch is a huge plus, and can we all take a second to appreciate the narrator in this game.....................just makes the game.

Also took down my third Divine Beast in Zelda which was fun.  After every puzzle I complete with this game, it makes me feel a little smarter lol

Still enjoying missions in Steamworld Heist and super excited/happy to see the first Steamworld Dig coming to switch on February 1st.  The stars are aligning :)  No, only Hollow Knight and Battle Chasers: Nightwars and I'll probably end up quitting my job lol

It only works in Chapt. 5 (so new game or Chapt. Select to get there) and you can't save or do certain things, but it's rather funny/fun to do it. Considering my main complaint re: character combat swap is the long-butt delay that ruins all momentum (hit "swap to Ignis", wait 12 seconds before his files fully load and you can actually do anything/move), the glitch lets you free roam and just have silly fun. So I made a save file in that chapt. and as long as the glitch exists, will use that to goof around with. It's a limited area Chapt, but I like that it's always rainy plus there's plenty to do if you wish.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've put about 10 hours into Darkest Dungeon on the switch and yet again, this system is the best play certain games, including DD.  Load times are quick, button mapping and touchscreen support and just playing it 100% handheld on the couch is a huge plus, and can we all take a second to appreciate the narrator in this game.....................just makes the game.

Also took down my third Divine Beast in Zelda which was fun.  After every puzzle I complete with this game, it makes me feel a little smarter lol

Still enjoying missions in Steamworld Heist and super excited/happy to see the first Steamworld Dig coming to switch on February 1st.  The stars are aligning :)  No, only Hollow Knight and Battle Chasers: Nightwars and I'll probably end up quitting my job lol

Oh, nice. That means I'm buying SteamWorld Dig on the Switch as soon as possible. ;)

Started Darkest Dungeon on the PC after getting it on GOG though. Okay so I'm 10 hours into my campaign and I figured out what the classes do, how the mechanics work and a bunch of my heroes died due to bad RNG (currently the game is really fond of making me eat three times on short missions, geez), and a bunch more due to bad decisions. I mean what could possibly go wrong exploring that last room even after finishing the quest?

I just wish the upgrades weren't that expensive. Even with extinguished lights and on high risk missions the rewards appear a bit paltry compared to the costs. =/

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

More Fallout 4.  Almost done Far Harbor, I believe.  At the very least, all roads seem to be converging on one of those "pick a side" decisions.

I found all the pieces of that marine combat armor (or whatever it's called as part of the DiMA quest).  Pros, it provides great defense against a lot of things.  Cons, it's heavy as hell and takes up so much of the carrying capacity of my character who isn't built for strength.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Regarding The Witcher 3. It's a weird case for me. They had all these repetitive side stuff that modern games love to add. I did them because I'm stupid like that and want to do everything. Then the game has some of the best side quests that I have played in years.

I'm expecting the same from Cyberpunk 2077.

• Like 2

I kinda want to buy the Watch_Dogs 2 season pass, but I really don't want to pay full price for it.  I'm really enjoying Watch_Dogs 2, it's one of the best GTA-style games I've played and better than the first game in almost every way.  I would like to give Ubisoft more of my money in exchange for some more story content, but $40 is a no go for what amounts to 4 or 5 new story mission chains and also some paint jobs and stuff that I don't care the least bit about.  I guess I'll wait and see if it goes on sale at any point.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The problem isn't that there is a minimap, but how the dotted line draws away all your attention from anything else.

Luckily I'm not the only one with that issue:

• Like 3

https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/365

It takes a bit of fiddling to get everything set up the way I like it, but considering time spent with the game, it was well worth the effort. It essentially lets you disable entire UI for majority of the game, with it only appearing contextually (health and stamina when you draw your sword, that kind of stuff.) It also adds "in-world" quest markers which you can only have active when using Witcher sense - in other words, they're only ever present when you go out of your way to see them, massively migitating the whole "watching the mini-map" thing.

Alternatively, in the vanilla game, you can actually only disable the dotted line while keeping markers displayed - so you have a general idea of where you're going, but you still need to consult map and your surroundings to get there.

I'm beginning to feel like I'm never going to play another game besides FFXV again, ever. I need help. :disguise:

I mean, I try sometimes, but then I go right back to XV. Haven't been this game-single-minded since when played DK1/Diablo1/Caeser3 for literally years. I can replay the 1st 2/3 of XV over and over and over whenever I want a gaming fix between TV/film and real-life, never gets old.

...maybe a year after Square finally stops updating it and then another year for PC version and any modding shenanigans (if that pans out). Think Diablo4 or Borderlands 3 will be out by then? ....

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts