What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

So Shadowrun Returns was a quick diversion and I'm done with it. I really liked Dragonfall though and am itching to replay it, but now I'm itching to play Hong Kong too. Suggestions?

HK is my favorite in the series, so I do recommend to play it and the bonus campaign ("Shadows of Hong Kong", aka Epilogue). Some characters from DF appear there.
Is there any way to force the matrix portions to be turn-based all the time? With the mini-game the lock can be forced but I'm really hating the stealth portions and I don't see anyway to slow them down.

Alt+~ then deathray to kill all IC. I did all the matrix stuff my first couple of playthroughs but after that I just wanted to get through it.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Pretty much at the end of the Nuka World DLC.  Basically, my options are either make an enemy of everyone back in the Commonwealth, or kill everyone on the Nuka World map.  Thanks for the extremes, Bethesda.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

So, if I do a couple of outstanding quests for the Raiders (didn't finish off the main quest line yet in Nuka World), it means Paladin Danse attacks me on sight.  Wonderful.  I'd only just started his questline.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I need an intervention.

My latest game of Stellaris is as dictatorial science nerds. Giving your leaders short lifespans is annoying at first, but quickly becomes irrelevant. I used to have leaders die every couple of years. But I haven't had a leader die since I made them all cyborgs. And now they're about to all become synthetics.

And since I did the worm in waiting line, I have a bunch of colonizable worlds in my home system. I've got two science planets up and running already, doing my third as a mining planet. Half of the galaxy research, though I feel like I'm horribly behind. I've only kept up by scanning the remains in war.

I've started a federation of technocracies, which is kind of nice. Except one of them has rivaled the two machine empires in the game, so now I can't get those guys to join. Makes me sad. :(

Another positive note is that I'm sadwiched between the Materialist FE and the Xenophile FE. They both love me and have given me ships. The Machine FE also seems to enjoy giving me... questionable rewards. These are never very helpful, but I take the chance every time.

• Like 2
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've now solved 2 entire areas in The Witness.  The feeling I get when I figure out the rules for a chain of puzzles in an area I've been stumped in, then figure out each successive new wrinkle they throw in along the way, is amazing.  So far, I've resisted the urge to look at any guides or walkthroughs (kind of defeats the purpose of a puzzle if you look up the solution).  I completed The Talos Principle and its expansion 100% completely on my own (there were puzzles I was stuck on for like a week) and I'm determined to do the same with The Witness, even if it takes me years to do it.

• Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Not playing but was watching someone on Twitch play some kind of RTS game. Steam early access, survival only mode available at the moment. But it looked cool and reminded me a bit more of older RTS like AoE and the like except with zombie enemies. Was all set to maybe try it and then the guy I was watching was hit with one of the later "waves" of attack. And I went "oh, yeah, ok, maybe not." Looked it up - it's called "They Are Billions" and they aren't kidding. lol.

Still, I might try it at some point. One of those over the top rts survival challenges. Or if they ever get a campaign mode up and running.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I also play Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - also a gem of rpg

I have a love/hate relationship with Kingdoms of Amalur. I think it's really fun (and the lore for the world was kind of interesting and different, but it's not stuff that's covered in the game as far as I'm aware, just what was on 38 Studios website) but I've never gotten much past the first of the 5 or 6 (admittedly huge) major areas. By the time I've finished all of that, I end up so over-leveled and overpowered that the difficulty becomes a joke, and I get bored.

Not playing but was watching someone on Twitch play some kind of RTS game. Steam early access, survival only mode available at the moment. But it looked cool and reminded me a bit more of older RTS like AoE and the like except with zombie enemies. Was all set to maybe try it and then the guy I was watching was hit with one of the later "waves" of attack. And I went "oh, yeah, ok, maybe not." Looked it up - it's called "They Are Billions" and they aren't kidding. lol.

Still, I might try it at some point. One of those over the top rts survival challenges. Or if they ever get a campaign mode up and running.

Have to admit, I've been intrigued by They Are Billions, but the price is more than I want to pay for something that I have a sneaking suspicion I'd end up hating (because I'm pretty sure I'd lose...a lot.)

Lately I've been kind of obsessed with 7 Days To Die. I'd been debating buying it for a couple years, bought it about a week before Christmas, and have almost 300 hours played (all but about 15 of it modded.) It's got this lovely mixture of exploration, building and tower defense that I just adore. I play on relatively easy settings mostly because of the times I have to fight outside my base (I've spent probably less than 10 hours in my life playing modern FPS games...I'm terrible at them.) The games still under pretty heavy development (in fact, from what the developers have said, the next build of the game has some pretty massive core changes) so who knows what it will end up being, but I'd say I've more than gotten my $10 worth. :)

Lately I've been kind of obsessed with 7 Days To Die.

It's a good one. I even bought it for the PS4, so I could idly dig and build from the couch sometimes. Although I don't have zombies on then, because trying to combat in 7DtD with the controller would = me dying all the time. Only negative is console version is an alpha behind PC, but since I'm just building/free roaming, it's ok.

I haven't checked in on what the next big update might entail. I've played it off and on for a couple years or more so I'm kind of waiting to see if it ever goes into Beta/final, now. Or at least a few big updates so it won't seem so familiar anymore. hehe.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Still doing good in Hollow Knight. Seems the game world opened up some more now, which makes me feel a bit oberwhelmed. First I didn't know where to go next because I couldn't find the next entrance.. and now I just don'tknow where to go next, because there are so many.

• Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Stellaris.  Got screwed on my start, as I had little colonizeable planets near me but my neighbour sure does.  I did manage to research enough to adjust my population's preferences but then that sparked a declaration by the superpower alliance, so I guess that game is done.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I bought several games on the Steam 2017 winter sale and Im currently playing Risen 3

Man I love fantasy, open world RPG like Risen, Elder Scrolls and the Witcher series...I love the freedom of the sandbox design and how you can basically go and do anything

I am also playing Sir, you are being hunted....cool game and great concept 

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Speaking of Endless Space 2 in the News thread, it brought back what Tale was talking about when attempting to play Endless Legend 2 and launching the game again, I think he pretty much nailed it: When trying to play peacefully, it's very difficult to gaunge how well you're actually doing and you should do to proceed. The game doesn't communicate your failures particularly well, which is a shame.

I don't usually spend alot of time gaming but... Prototype 2 (courtesy of ShadySands). It's an open-world sci-fi action game... It's sorta-like Saints Row 4 but without all the tackiness and stupid cringe-worthy stuff.

I'm 10 and a half hours in because I couldn't pull myself away from it. It has that erriness of Darksiders, that serious-tone of Watch Dogs 1 and the main character is pretty cool.

You are James Heller, a former marine who loses his fam to an air-bourne virus, he gets the virus but becomes a carrier and now has powers... In the vain of Megaman games, each boss you defeat gives you it's ability... which I love! You feel powerful because you are but the game seems to have no problem throwing things your way, whether that means waves of enemies or mutants more powerful that me.

You also get perk points to spend from completing side-quests and skill points to spend when you level up. Permanent upgrades from hunting certain enemies. Maybe the one of the coolest things ia that you can take any person's form by eating (absorbing) their bodies.

The characters are great and the story makes sense, you get a fictional New York city called New York Zero, at the beginning of the game, it's nice and beautiful but as you progress you start seeing the affect the virus has on the atmosphere, the weather and so on.

Out of any of the games that ShadySands has given me, this is quickly becoming my favorite!

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

There are three Awakened Empires in my current Stellaris game. And there is no War in Heaven.

First the Xenophiles did an upstart awakening. They seek to make everyone sign a peace treaty, so when you become their vassal, you can no longer declare war. I was eager to join, because I didn't want to fight them and I was hoping they'd conquer systems for me. The first war they fought was against my old Federation. They gave me 3 systems (and 6 planets), all the ones they demanded from the war. Then they gave me 3 planets from a neighboring Federation in their next war.

Not very Xenophilic when you realize I'm a synthetically ascended race. I'm turning all the conquered into robots.

After the Contingency arose, the Fallen Machine Empire awoke as berserkers. They've declared war on the one psionic empire I liked. But seem really stupid. They fought and won that war, had 11 systems ceded to them, but didn't gain any planets. It seems like all they did was kick the natives off the planets and the systems returned to control of the regular empires.

Then the Materialists woke up to fight the Contingency. This has actually put a damper in my plans. The plan was for me to swoop in and steal planets the Contingency had purged. But with both the Materialists and the Xenophiles going at them 300k fleets, the Contingency is getting creamed.

The fun part is I don't see these 3 ever going to war. So once the Contingency is destroyed, the galaxy is going to get interesting.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."