What are you playing right now?

Blarghagh

I scooped up The Witness recently.  As a lover of puzzle games, I've been wanting to play this for a long time.  As I've gotten older I've gravitated toward puzzle games more and more, since my hand to eye coordination has begun to deteriorate while my capacity to think logically and creatively hasn't.  So far, The Witness has not disappointed.  Half the fun is figuring out the rules of the puzzle, then figuring out the solution as extra kinks are thrown in to increase complexity.  Plus, the game looks lovely.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I scooped up The Witness recently.  As a lover of puzzle games, I've been wanting to play this for a long time. 

Man I've been wanting to play that game, too. And yup, getting old over here as well... :(

Let's create a club for older gamers like us who can't play games anymore like these young whippersnappers do nowadays. 

CMkT7DvWUAAsV1L.jpg

EDIT:  Just had a sudden increase in hunger/appetite even though I've had breakfast like 2 hours ago...diabetes FTW!

Edited by Katphood
  • Like 1

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Let's create a club for older gamers like us who can't play games anymore like these young whippersnappers do nowadays. 

The OGC - Obsidian Geriatric Community

• Like 6

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Came across what appears to be a quest-breaking bug.  Doing the sidequest in Nuka World for that crazy Nuka Cola chick.  I found one of the hidden Cappys she's got me looking for, but after clicking on it, nothing happens.  It still appears as unfinished in the quest log, but I no longer have the option of clicking on it again.

I'll be pissed if I can't complete this quest since it's quite involved.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Bought Hollow Knight the other day... feels harder than Dark Souls to me, tbh.

It was one of my favorite experiences of last year, definitively worth mastering. Please keep in mind that after a while charms and the correct charm combinations become indispensable, if you want to have a relatively easy go at the later bosses. This game rewards exploration as much as skill.
It's much easier with a controller :)

My save file got wiped, I found it's much easier when you know the map well enough that you're confortable with.

When I first played the game, the bosses such as the Mantis Lords, Hornet and False Knight took me like 10 tries. Coming back for my new playthrough, I took each out with ease.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

So now my PS4 controller has the same problem as the PS3 controller: random button push.

It's pretty easy to fix as you can see:

...and the problem still persists even in the newer generation of PS4 controllers(The ones which have a light bar on the front).

Very cheap, Sony...very, very cheap. The new controller I bought today will likely give up the ghost as well someday. Hopefully I'll have money for a nacon controller by then.

Speaking of which, I can't wait for the new 'Duke' controller for the Xbox.

Edited by Katphood

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Still playing Xcom. Lost a Sargent for the first time yesterday it was also the first mission I've had with multiple losses. Been pretty careful and lucky up until then, but one of those was me sacrificing a guy in a rush at a muton. Not the smartest move, but I was way out of position when he popped up on the map and letting a rookie take the hit was my best option at the time. Too bad that didn't do anything to save my Sgt. when we were flanked by a thin man. On the bright side, I'm seven to ten missions in and I can still count all my casualties on one hand.

• Like 1

So Shadowrun Returns was a quick diversion and I'm done with it. I really liked Dragonfall though and am itching to replay it, but now I'm itching to play Hong Kong too. Suggestions?

HK is my favorite in the series, so I do recommend to play it and the bonus campaign ("Shadows of Hong Kong", aka Epilogue). Some characters from DF appear there.

Is there any way to force the matrix portions to be turn-based all the time? With the mini-game the lock can be forced but I'm really hating the stealth portions and I don't see anyway to slow them down.

Decided to play some Stellaris but then got a craving for SEIV, so I played that a bit as well. Glad that most of the stuff stuck with me. Man, SEIV is one great 4X game, if they just took the core systems and concepts and slapped a fancy graphics engine on top, that'd work. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Hollow Knight is beginning to grow on me. Nice visuals, great music. It's like Dark Souls, but not a 1:1 ripoff.

Just curious if it's possible to change your characters look over the time.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Jesus when that new expansion for Stellaris comming out? I got a itch...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

I guess I'm addicted to Stellaris. Started a new game, already got dragged into a war with a clearly superior power. I lured them into engaging a station before wiping them out while they were distracted. Then it was mopping up from there.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing Xcom. Lost a Sargent for the first time yesterday it was also the first mission I've had with multiple losses. Been pretty careful and lucky up until then, but one of those was me sacrificing a guy in a rush at a muton. Not the smartest move, but I was way out of position when he popped up on the map and letting a rookie take the hit was my best option at the time. Too bad that didn't do anything to save my Sgt. when we were flanked by a thin man. On the bright side, I'm seven to ten missions in and I can still count all my casualties on one hand.

I keep multiple saves because I'm *that guy* who refuses to let his best soldiers die if they do so due to some unlucky stuff.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Jesus when that new expansion for Stellaris comming out? I got a itch...

Don't mods add in most of the marquee stuff in it ? Like planet killers, etc.

Also the key question is when does it go on sale :)

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I keep multiple saves because I'm *that guy* who refuses to let his best soldiers die if they do so due to some unlucky stuff.

I save before a mission and if things go horribly I will reload (things have to go really bad for me to reload), but I never save during a mission. After playing so many rogue-likes I've come to accept death. :p

Doesn't seem like there is any more learning curve to go and I most of the time I die because of the broken target lock on. If you get more than x meters away from your enemy it will break lock and if you were backing up you will now be turned around - your back facing the enemy. In the short time it takes to turn back and re acquire lock you can easily be killed by a long range attack.  The auto lock on doesn't work either, It's supposed to automatically lock on an enemy if you attack in melee, doesn't work very often.  The environment will randomly break lock as well, doorways, pillars, etc, things that block LoS. 

When you do lose lock, which is very often unless you are up close all the time, you roll around aimlessly not knowing which side is up hoping you get lucky enough to land facing the enemy at an angle that doesn't get you instantly killed. 

I'm gonna give Nioh a try. 

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

So Shadowrun Returns was a quick diversion and I'm done with it. I really liked Dragonfall though and am itching to replay it, but now I'm itching to play Hong Kong too. Suggestions?

HK is my favorite in the series, so I do recommend to play it and the bonus campaign ("Shadows of Hong Kong", aka Epilogue). Some characters from DF appear there.

Is there any way to force the matrix portions to be turn-based all the time? With the mini-game the lock can be forced but I'm really hating the stealth portions and I don't see anyway to slow them down.

Quick Save/Not-so-quick Load is the closest option.

I mostly skipped these gameplay sequences during the 1st PT, but was able to complete them all in the 2nd one.

Playing Pillars of Eternity on PS4 & Xbox One, and realizing how much smoother the PS4 is over my beloved Xbox. As I write this, my old gaming PC can still kick both consoles butts so long as something like this doesn't happen.

This page isn’t working

forums.obsidian.net didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

The #1 reason why I became a console gamer, no dealing w/ Windows, drivers, & other gremlins just to get Steam to work let alone attempt to play a beta.

• Like 1

Doesn't seem like there is any more learning curve to go and I most of the time I die because of the broken target lock on. If you get more than x meters away from your enemy it will break lock and if you were backing up you will now be turned around - your back facing the enemy. In the short time it takes to turn back and re acquire lock you can easily be killed by a long range attack.  The auto lock on doesn't work either, It's supposed to automatically lock on an enemy if you attack in melee, doesn't work very often.  The environment will randomly break lock as well, doorways, pillars, etc, things that block LoS. 

When you do lose lock, which is very often unless you are up close all the time, you roll around aimlessly not knowing which side is up hoping you get lucky enough to land facing the enemy at an angle that doesn't get you instantly killed. 

I'm gonna give Nioh a try. 

Yeah, DS3's lock-on range was utter garbage for some unknown reason. I remember fighting that Outrider Knight (icy dude that flies all over the place) for the first time and it was just painful. The lock-on would just randomly break at the worst time...

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.