HEEEEELP! Stuck character

MachineDogg

Question

I have just got Pillars of Eternity on Xbox One. I've played the first few hours and was really getting into it, but I've hit a technical issues that's completely stopped me being able to progress.Ive just entered the Woodend Plains for the first time with my party. Sagani has joined me and things were going great.

During a fight with one of the wondering monsters one of my group, Eder, has become stuck on a graphical glitch or bug. He will not move from the spot. Not with group or individual control. I've tried pushing him with other characters but he won't budge. I "camped" but he reloads in the same spot stuck. Same if I save and quit the game, when I load back up he's stuck in the same spot. I can't leave to the world map because the whole group needs to be together and he's too far away. I can't get into another fight as I killed all the wondering monsters in the area. And before its suggested I can't load a Autosaved game from before it happened because there isn't one (I keep a tidy save game list and delete as I go, which I know on this occasion was a stupid thing to do).

Please can someone suggest some clever technical fix for this. I really don't want to restart the game as I've put in hours so far.

1 answer to this question

Please note that the console version of PoE was not released by Obsidian Entertainment but Paradox Interactive. They have their own subforum for bug reports:

Paradox Interactive: PoE Bugs (console version)

Th same thing could happen on the PC version, too. Very seldomly though. As far as I know there's no fix other than using the console commands (console here meaning the terminal-console inside PoE) to teleport you out of that map - but on the Xbox you can't use console commands I guess.

Sorry if I can't help you further. Maybe there's somebody on the Paradox forums who knows a workaround on the Xbox.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods