General Celebrity deaths

smjjames

Multi-instrumentalist (though better known as drummer and keyboardist) Bill Rieflin died today, aged 59, after battling cancer. He had a massive and very diverse career, spanning bands from Ministry to R.E.M. to Swans to King Crimson and several more in between. R.I.P.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/king-crimson-r-e-m-drummer-bill-reiflin-dead/

Edited by algroth

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Playwright Terrence McNally and Italian actress Lucia Bosè both of complications of COVID-19

Director Stuart Gordon (Re-Animator, From Beyond) passed away of undisclosed reasons. Actor David Collings (Doctor Who, Blakes 7, Miss Marple) also passed away suddenly.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

2 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Fred Neal

Aw, man. 'Curly' Neal was a fave on the 70s Globtrotters.  He was, as I recall a magnificent dribbler.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/2919468001

Edit: Mark Blum was good as the sort-of antagonist in Crocodile Dundee.

RIP to both men.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

RIP.  HAUSU (House) was a fun horror film.  I hear some of his other films were good but I don't know if I've seen them.

Mathematican John Conway of coronavirus.

The Heir to the (evil) Empire, Hank Steinbrenner passed away. He was only 63 but I had read he has been having health problems for a long time now.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2886537-yankees-co-owner-hank-steinbrenner-dies-at-63-from-longstanding-health-issue?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Former NFL QB Tavaris Jackson died in a car accident. He was only 36. That is a damn shame. 

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/former-nfl-qb-tarvaris-jackson-dead-at-36-after-car-accident

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

11 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Former NFL QB Tavaris Jackson died in a car accident. He was only 36. That is a damn shame. 

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/sports/former-nfl-qb-tarvaris-jackson-dead-at-36-after-car-accident

Coincidentally, I've been watching some old NFL games, and saw him in Favre vs. The Packers I back in 2009 just yesterday.

Rick May, most famous for Soldier in TF2 and Peppy Hare in Star Fox (...and also I remember his line as Genghis Khan in Age of Empires II), passed of coronavirus yesterday.

• Sad 1