General Celebrity deaths

smjjames

I usually think of him first as the apprentice assassin in THE MECHANIC (aka Killer of Killers)

Although thanks to repeats in the 1970s, the first thing I remember seeing him in was the DANGER ISLAND tv segments of THE BANANA SPLITS...

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Also cartoonist Tom K. Ryan (TUMBLEWEEDS) and writer Larry DiTillio (co-creator of the She-Ra cartoon with JMS, writer on Babylon 5)

And writer on Beast Wars too.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes, I forgot that DiTillio was a writer on Beast Wars.

I will hold that omission against you forever.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes, I forgot that DiTillio was a writer on Beast Wars.

I will hold that omission against you forever.

I haven't seen Beast Wars since it originally aired. :(

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Scott Walker passed today. I will echo something similar to what injurai said about Keith Flint, Walker's been an integral part of my life as both a consumer of music and artist. He was never one to stay too comfortable with what he did for long, and that took him to some wild places, a true 30 century man. Absolutely devastated by this.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2014/mar/05/10-of-the-best-scott-walker

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

Just saw about Agnes Varda myself.

Also RIP to -

Ranking Roger of the Beat/English Beat and General Public

Shane Rimmer, actor (Thunderbirds, The Spy Who Loved Me and loads of UK television)

W. H. Pugmire, author of Seattle set Lovecraftian tales

https://twitter.com/FrankKlepacki/status/1112921222164037632?s=19

Eric Martin, man who played General Sheppard in C&C died.

• 3 weeks later...

Kazuhiko Katō, aka Monkey Punch, creator of Lupin III.

Fred Patten co-founder of the Cartoon/Fantasy Organization, early seller of untranslated manga in the US to non-Japanese audiences, early fansub translator of anime and the first hire of Streamline pictures as a translator.  He's also the one who pointed out that fans had mistranslated the first Lupin III film, Mystery of Mameux as Mystery of Mamo but Patten basically felt like it'd been mistranslated so many times that they kept the title mistranslated when Streamline released their own dub of the film in the mid 90s.

• 2 weeks later...

John Singleton died

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/29/john-singleton-to-be-taken-off-life-support-by-family-monday.html

Stupid Google redirect, my mistake in the C&P there.

Edited by Malcador
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Malcador said:

John Singleton died

What? Crap, he was only a year older than me. How sad/life can be short and unexpected etc. Like many, BitH is a favorite film of mine. Although I'll be honest and say I probably haven't seen many of his other movies. But that one left an impression to this day, where I still remember not just the movie, but Singleton himself.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

383T.gif

RIP

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

One of those people I thought was long dead when they died, like Chuck Berry

• Like 1

RIP

The Carol Burnett show was funny, but watching Tim crack up the other cast members on the Carol Burnett show was fun in its own right.