General Celebrity deaths

smjjames

George H.W Bush passed away, may he farever rest in peace. One of the greatest American presidos.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

RIP.  Just watched an episode of the John Russell led western, LAWMAN called "The Four" from 1962 with Jack Elam in a large role.  It was a better than average late-50s/early-60s western story.  I was like "That's the guy who wrote The Naked Time!" when I saw the credits.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

48183281_10157298970631320_1804849840232

Wilfred DeFour was an aircraft technician with the Tuskegee Airmen has passed away in New York City at the age of 100.

Edited by Raithe
  • Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Audrey Geisel, widow of Theodore aka Dr. Seuss. She helped suggest the ideas behind the Lorax and the Better Butter Battle Book iirc.

Actor Donald Moffat. Well known for his stage work, film goers may remember him as the president in CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER or as tge base commander in THE THING remake from John Carpenter.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just saw Mary Oliver passed away last week. Sad news indeed. If you love dogs and have never heard of her, well , where have you been hiding??

"Because of the dog’s joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?"

"Dogs die so soon. I have my stories of that grief, no doubt many of you do also. It is almost a failure of will, a failure of love, to let them grow old — or so it feels. We would do anything to keep them with us, and to keep them young. The one gift we cannot give."

"A dog comes to you and lives with you in your own house, but you do not therefore own her, as you do not own the rain, or the trees, or the laws which pertain to them... A dog can never tell you what she knows from the smells of the world, but you know, watching her, that you know almost nothing."

Mary Oliver 1935-2019 RIP

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

RIP **** Miller, 90.  Did a lot of B movies (including a bunch for Roger Corman) and a lot of TV.  I just saw him in an episode of TNG as a holodeck newspaper vendor.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/****-miller-dead-dies-gremlins-terminator-1203124265/

RIP Nykäsen Matti

Nykänen was the only ski jumper in history to have won all five of the sport's major events: a gold medal at the Winter Olympics (three times), the Ski Jumping World Championships (once), the Ski Flying World Championships (once), four World Cup overall titles, and the Four Hills Tournament (twice). His four World Cup titles is an all-time record shared with Adam Małysz and Sara Takanashi. Nykänen was also the only male five-time ski flying world record holder in history.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Mr Oreo the Racoon has passed away due to illness, aged 10.

Now Rocket Racoon will need a new real life model.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Julie Adams, star of a number of movies and shows but maybe best remembered as the female lead in CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON passed away earlier this week at the age of 92.

RIP Frank Robinson. 

• 14X All Star
  • Gold Glove in 1958
  • World Series MVP in 1966
  • NL MVP 1961
  • AL MVP 1966 (the only player in history to win the MVP in both leagues)
  • Triple Crown winner in 1966
  • First black manager in MLB history
  • AL Manager on the year in 1989
  • First Ballot Hall of Fame in 1982
  • His number 20 has been retired by three teams, the Reds, Indians, and Orioles.
  • Assistant GM of the Orioles 1995-1999
  • MLB Vice President on on-field operation 1999-2002

s-l640.jpg

•  

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell