New magic item concepts

JFutral

I want a flame cloak that not only protects me from cold and fire damage, but also enhances my fire damage either directly from a flaming cloak or provides my weapon with fire damage. Of course available in all the elemental flavors—corrosive, cold, etc.

And if we HAVE to, okay, balance as a once per day affect, or once per encounter with shortened duration.

Particularly lethal with Fire godlike, Paladin, or Magran priests (or other appropriate abilities and related attributes.) Maybe even be a soul-bound item.

Joe

• Like 1

IDK, I hate per-day / per-rest abilities here.

Besides, I, personally, do not associate the stats well.

Resistances, the cloak would go to a tank.

Elemental damage, it'd go to a caster or dps that can use it.

Mixed ? goes to the trash really, there are assuredly better item slots for both cases...

Still in the soulbound factory. They can't automate the animancy process yet and have to assemble the soulbindinding parts by hand. But the boss, Ethon Beaver, promised they are close.

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Now that we only have 5 party members it is less likely that we will have any 1 class, but with dual class it is way more likely that you will have access to that class.  I don't know if they've said whether you can re-spec companions into their dual class after you've picked single class, but if you can that opens up lots of items.

I would like to see more class specific items relating to class abilities.  With cloaks and necklaces in separate slots (and grimoire/trinket?), we'll have more room for more than just +X stat.  It could be real basic stuff like +6 accuracy to flames of devotion.  Something that some paladins might ignore because they don't have that ability, others might use it until they find better and consider using zeal on FoD more often because of it.  I could also see people building around it since 6 accuracy isn't much but if you're already a damage build with that ability and it's upgrade, it could be a passable item in the late game where you have all the stats you need from other slots and accuracy on your main ability is crucial.

^ I think that was the plan with trinkets, which have been canned due to lack of developer time. Hopefully the expansion will bring them back to the table; I for one was looking forward to class-specific trinkets.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus