Weapon proficiency interaction with class features?

For example the club is good if you use it as a Skald who is casting Killers Froze Stiff. That invocation targets will. I can't remember now but I think that Carnage does not work with the club's modal, so no AoE will debuff.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

For example the club is good if you use it as a Skald who is casting Killers Froze Stiff. That invocation targets will. I can't remember now but I think that Carnage does not work with the club's modal, so no AoE will debuff.

well that excludes barbarians as both defenders and controllers, carnage seems like a gimmick now, and barb is not worth it unless you want just damage dealer

the build I had in mind exactly skald/barb, using carnage with modal to debuff multiple enemies, get lots of procs for skald feature, and using shouts for damage, debuff or control, depending on what weapon modal I am using

Edited by divjak

well that excludes barbarians as both defenders and controllers, carnage seems like a gimmick now, and barb is not worth it unless you want just damage dealer

the build I had in mind exactly skald/barb, using carnage with modal to debuff multiple enemies, get lots of procs for skald feature, and using shouts for damage, debuff or control, depending on what weapon modal I am using

I like the new Carnage better, the PoE 1 carnage is an overpowered class feature, it can create way more synergy than any other classes do.

I also didn't check if Carnage crits count as melee crits for the Skald (I checked with Skald/Wizard with Citzal's Spirit Lance though and it doesn't!). But a Berserker/Skald can stack 50% + 50% hit-to crit conversion in an AoE through Tenacious + AoE paralyze - which is pretty great per se even without faster phrase replenishment. The conversion also works for successive paralyzes on the same targets. And with the frenzied attack speed + dual weapons the Skald/Berserker can easily keep whole groupes stunlocked.

Also, a Mage Slayer barb with a Skald can combine the special interrupting effect with the Anti-Concentration chant. Such a Skald/Mage Slayer is really good at taking out enemies who use abilities a lot. I did a one-on-one with Broodmothers and Skulking Terror and so on and they couldn't get off their abilities. Quite nice in a party I guess.

But yeah: that has nothing to do with weapon proficiency - sadly. I don't see that many synergies here. I did a test with Blunderbuss + Combusting Wounds, basically a Black Jacket/Wizard with 4 slots and 4 Blunderbuss, using Quick Switch. I was trying to cast Combusting Wounds on an enemy and then empty my blunderbusses on him to see if the 20 pellets would cause 20 instances of Combusting Wounds while the Powder Burns would hit the adjacent enemies at least 4 times for 4 parallel Combusting Wounds - but CW seems to not work at all atm.

What works really well are all sorts of combos with rod's blast. Blast + Swift Flurry is hilarious as is blast + Driving Flight. Even combined that with a Monk/Sharpshooter and combined blast + Swift Flurry + Driving Flight. Which basically breaks the game a bit. ;) I had to use the console to add Driving Flight though because lvl 9 is not enough to get it with a multiclass char.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

There's synergy in terms of using the flail/club/morningstar modals to debuff as many enemies as possible for spells/abilities to hit. You can get action speed + recovery down to 1 second using Wild Sprint + Frenzy + Dual Wield (multiclassing Fighter for the two-weapon proficiency doesn't improve speed at all, even though the UI  indicates it should stack it doesn't improve the final number). Wild Sprint lets you avoid disengagement attacks while you're doing it and run around whacking as many enemies as possible (won't be able to debuff an entire mob in 6 seconds but the weaker enemies are less likely to need debuffing). 

Dragon Leap would be good too if it didn't have a 3 second recovery time..

When I read that Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage (Terrified) was working to cause disengagement attacks (when engaged enemies run away) I thought that could be used to trigger a mass of disengagement attacks and apply the modal rapidly to mobs (one of the upgrades to Barbaric Yell grants +3 engagement, along with thick skinned that should be +4 engagement) but disengagement attacks don't seem to be triggering against terrified enemies who break engagement anymore (though I'm not 100% certain yet...). 

Edited by SaruNi

There's synergy in terms of using the flail/club/morningstar modals to debuff as many enemies as possible for spells/abilities to hit. You can get action speed + recovery down to 1 second using Wild Sprint + Frenzy + Dual Wield (multiclassing Fighter for the two-weapon proficiency doesn't improve speed at all, even though the UI indicates it should stack it doesn't improve the final number). Wild Sprint lets you avoid disengagement attacks while you're doing it and run around whacking as many enemies as possible (won't be able to debuff an entire mob in 6 seconds but the weaker enemies are less likely to need debuffing).

Dragon Leap would be good too if it didn't have a 3 second recovery time..

When I read that Ryngrim's Repulsive Visage (Terrified) was working to cause disengagement attacks (when engaged enemies run away) I thought that could be used to trigger a mass of disengagement attacks and apply the modal rapidly to mobs (one of the upgrades to Barbaric Yell grants +3 engagement, along with thick skinned that should be +4 engagement) but disengagement attacks don't seem to be triggering against terrified enemies who break engagement anymore (though I'm not 100% certain yet...).

As I already answered why disengagement attack is not working sometimes in bug section.

And the best way to do aoe debuff now is use fighter cleave stance imo.

Edited by dunehunter

And Cleaving Stance triggers on melee kill... so perhaps Assassin/Fighter rod Blast with Debilitating Strike (-5 dex -5 perception) followed by smoke veil + melee assassinate on enemy you're almost certain to kill after they're clustered together, applying the modal to the mob right before the spells/abilities hit....