Opening Igrun's shop window causes armor to disenchant

AnorZaken

Question

Quick disclaimer:

I've verified files (steam) restarted client, loaded and reloaded saves - it's consistent and reproducible.

Issue description:

When I open Igrun's shop-screen (in the Copperlane market) the enchanted Plate armor in Eder's inventory looses all its enchantments.

Steps to reproduce:

Talk to Igrun. Ask to look at his wares.

Details:

• I placed the Plate armor in his inventory so it's easier to see: one can see that it instantly looses it's enchantments as soon as the shop window opens - no further action required.
  • The issue is the same regardless of whether or not the armor is in his inventory or he is wearing it - it seems to be tied to that specific item.
  • Hovering over the armor in the shop screen, its sales price accurately reflects the enchantments it should have (500cp) - but moving the armor into the transaction area causes the price to drop to its unenchanted equivalent (200cp).
  • Looking in the stash, at the armor tab, there is a wierd unenchanted ringmail that costs 500cp - but again, moving it to the transaction area causes the price to drop to its normal value.
  • Sorting the stash on Sales price (e.g. Highest to lowest) and moving items into the transaction area, causes the remaining items to jump around randomly.
  • If you open Igrun's shop, then immediately close it without touching anything, then save, then load the save, then open his shop again, the armor has its enchantments back - and the issue seems to be solved. However I'm worried it is not, and that my save contains some corruption that will rear its ugly head at some later point - perhaps irrevocably. Such is my fear. :(

GoogleDrive url to save file (2.67MB): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ThOP1LKAdfoEi-_0LMsPcce_afHDJcDO/view?usp=sharing

Setup:

Win7 (with all SP / updates)

i5-4690K

16GB ram
GTX 970 4GB

(if u really need details I can include the dxdiag stuff on request, but I was lazy since this shouldn't be a system issue, but rather mismanaged item-ids or some other game-code or unity issue.)

1 answer to this question

Oh, I forgot to include the output log.

Well there is a NRE in StatusEffect.ClearEffect()

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at StatusEffect.GetCurrentAppliedValue (Single baseValue) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at StatusEffect.get_CurrentAppliedValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at StatusEffect.ClearEffect (UnityEngine.GameObject target, Boolean triggerEffects) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
StatusEffect:ClearEffect(GameObject, Boolean)
CharacterStats:ClearAllStatusEffects()
CharacterStats:OnDestroy()

(Filename:  Line: -1)

ERROR: Exception in StatusEffect.ClearEffect(), please fix! Attempting to gracefully continue.

I guess that's where the cookie crumbles - or in the caller? A debug-build should yield some answers hopefully. ;)

output_log.txt