Saved Games Missing

dracco37

Question

7 answers to this question

Hey Dracco,

Typically when save files goes missing, its due to a anti-malware software preventing the game from reading the sames. Just disable or update your software and that should work.

But if you save files are going complete missing (C:\Users\username\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity) Then we have never heard or seen that before. Do you recall doing anything to your computer during the time you last played and the time you booted up the game that could have caused this? 

Thanks.

This can be caused by steam if you use the cloud saving/synchronizing method. I also lost all my savegames after I bought a new computer and freshly installed steam + PoE (was also a different operating system: Ubuntu 17.04 -> Windows 10). I was expecting this though, so I made a backup of my saves. But these things can happen.

I can't say what you can do to get them back. Is there some kind of history in the steam cloud?

I mean if you're using steam in the first place that is...

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I've got the sane problem swell. 1st of all I bought the game via Steam and played on windows os. All my save has been saved in steam cloud. Now I bought iMac with high Sierra 10.13.2 and installed Steam there. Launched the game via steam and there is no saves. Checked everywhere. They are not synchronised. Please help.

I've got the sane problem swell. 1st of all I bought the game via Steam and played on windows os. All my save has been saved in steam cloud. Now I bought iMac with high Sierra 10.13.2 and installed Steam there. Launched the game via steam and there is no saves. Checked everywhere. They are not synchronised. Please help.

Hey n19htz,

Unfortunately the Steam cloud does not work cross-platform for Pillars. If you still have access to your Windows PC, you can manually transfer the saves over via email, online storage, or thumb drive. 

Hope that helps!

Unfortunately the files are missing. But just for that particular sub-save(?). The auto saves, and manual saves are all gone from that folder. A different character folder that I started up is still there. No changes to my PC.