Graphics performance (4K with GTX1080ti)

MarcParis

Game is really unoptimized right now and it is still much better than it was before patch1. They mentioned multipletimes they want it to run on pretty much the same hardware PoE1 did. How close will the reach this goal we will see once it releases.

• Like 1

Game is really unoptimized right now and it is still much better than it was before patch1. They mentioned multipletimes they want it to run on pretty much the same hardware PoE1 did. How close will the reach this goal we will see once it releases.

Thanks for answer..:)

The problem is that he’s only getting 40-50 FPS with the most powerful card on the market. A 1080ti runs Witcher 3 with max settings at 4K over 60 FPS; no reason why Deadfire wouldn’t be over 60 all the time. Like, way over 60.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I know; I was explaining to Osvir what the issue was. A SSD isn’t going to make a difference and, without a FPS meter, 40-50 fps aren’t likely to be perceived as an issue either.

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I could fraps PoE1 at a constant rate of 30fps @ max settings.

As for Deadfire: even if I set minimal possible settings and lower resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280x720, I get maximum 26-27fps with Fraps on :(

Spec for reference: i7-4710HQ, 16Gb RAM, GTX 970M

Edited by MaxQuest

It’s just optimization, primarily of the new effects I suspect. In the final area of Poko Kahara I get great performance, everywhere else it’s pretty inconsistent. I also didn’t see much of an improvement between my laptop with a gtx 860m and my desktop with a gtx 1080ti.

It’s just optimization, primarily of the new effects I suspect. In the final area of Poko Kahara I get great performance, everywhere else it’s pretty inconsistent. I also didn’t see much of an improvement between my laptop with a gtx 860m and my desktop with a gtx 1080ti.

Yeah, the weather effects and some ability effects tank the frame rate. Beyond stopping me from playing more beta I wouldn’t worry too much about it right now. Little sense in polishing early builds and subject-to-change effects.

Do you use SSD? I haven't checked FPS but with SSD I don't experience any problems.

Sure i’ve a 950pro m.2..:)

My full setup is here :

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/smallest-atx-case-cerberus-x-complete-build-log.2007/page-16#post-77648

Yeah, the weather effects and some ability effects tank the frame rate. Beyond stopping me from playing more beta I wouldn’t worry too much about it right now. Little sense in polishing early builds and subject-to-change effects.
Yes i guess it was related to weather, raining, on beach near the seashore.