Deadfire up and running on Steam?

JFutral

I've tried to launch PoE II all afternoon and Steam launches, the initial black screen for Deadfire opens and then it exits back to the Steam app.

I'm running on a Macbook Pro on an external monitor, with Os X.12.6 and as far as I know the latest Steam client.

Am I the only one with issues?

Joe

Hey, thanks for checking in. I don't have any anti-virus software, except what might be built into the macOS (which I don't think is anything these days, but I could be wrong). I've tried turning the firewall on and off to no avail.

I emailed Steam support to see if they pushed any updates out on that day, but they just keep playing dumb and tell me to contact the game developer, it isn't their problem. I kindly pointed out that this has not been determined yet, so please comply with my request for information. I haven't heard anything back. I doubt I will. Developers love to play "point the finger at the other guy".

I am totally flummoxed as to how to troubleshoot this. I even went to a back up of all the relevant files from 4 days ago and the same thing happens. Steam launches, PoE II launches, black window (which used to be white), PoE II exits back out to Steam app.

I don't know what changed. I have no idea. The Mac's console is greek to me, but if someone who knows what to look for would get back to me (from ANY company) I would be more than willing to troubleshoot some more.

Joe

Hey, thanks for checking in. I don't have any anti-virus software, except what might be built into the macOS (which I don't think is anything these days, but I could be wrong). I've tried turning the firewall on and off to no avail.

I emailed Steam support to see if they pushed any updates out on that day, but they just keep playing dumb and tell me to contact the game developer, it isn't their problem. I kindly pointed out that this has not been determined yet, so please comply with my request for information. I haven't heard anything back. I doubt I will. Developers love to play "point the finger at the other guy".

I am totally flummoxed as to how to troubleshoot this. I even went to a back up of all the relevant files from 4 days ago and the same thing happens. Steam launches, PoE II launches, black window (which used to be white), PoE II exits back out to Steam app.

I don't know what changed. I have no idea. The Mac's console is greek to me, but if someone who knows what to look for would get back to me (from ANY company) I would be more than willing to troubleshoot some more.

Joe

There have been several system-heavy changes on Mac OS X recently to help mitigate the Meltdown and Spectre range of intel CPU vulnerabilities.

You're running an intel CPU in that Mac.

Did you update Mac OS X recently, perchance ?

There might be a relation there.

There have been several system-heavy changes on Mac OS X recently to help mitigate the Meltdown and Spectre range of intel CPU vulnerabilities.

I've been trying to keep up with those in the news, but I haven't initiated any updates and I have it set-up to only update when I tell it to. That does not mean something didn't sneak-in behind my back, but I have no log of that happening.

Joe

• Like 1

I've been trying to keep up with those in the news, but I haven't initiated any updates and I have it set-up to only update when I tell it to. That does not mean something didn't sneak-in behind my back, but I have no log of that happening.

Joe

It's hard keeping up with news on this game, I found it easier with the original PoE for some reason. 

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...