Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Paladin Order Talents

Talents PoE1 Beta

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Best starters for me : (top 4)

- Ranger

- Barbarian

- Monk

- Druid

- Wizard

- Cipher

- Priest

- Rogue

- Paladin

- Fighter

- Chanter

Wizard and priest needs few levels (even if wizard is not weak as people say with his level 0 ability AoE raw damages..) . Chanter need level 9+. etc.

Rogue is too frail. Paladins and fighters are slow and mono-target. Cipher have not crazy possibilities but catch up quickly with a few levels. Barbarian with a full start concept of carnage. Range with his pet is very safe. Druid is a beast with spiritshifting with glass canon approach.

Edited by theBalthazar, 08 February 2018 - 10:03 AM.

Torm51

Torm51

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1765 posts
  • Steam:extol51
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

- Ranger

- Barbarian

- Monk

- Druid

- Wizard

- Cipher

- Priest

- Rogue

- Paladin

- Fighter

- Chanter

Wizard and priest needs few levels (even if wizard is not weak as people say with his level 0 ability AoE raw damages..) . Chanter need level 9+. etc.

Rogue is too frail. Paladins and fighters are slow and mono-target. Cipher have not crazy possibilities but catch up quickly with a few levels. Barbarian with a full start concept of carnage. Range with his pet is very safe. Druid is a beast with spiritshifting with glass canon approach.

Dude! A Paladin is mono target up to level 13.  Once they get Sacred Immolation they are AOE death machines.  

Edited by Torm51, 08 February 2018 - 10:18 AM.

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
 A Paladin is mono target up to level 13.

level 13

Yes. The end of  the game : p And only 20-30.

During this time with Wizard. 50-80 on a cone. (level 9)

Edited by theBalthazar, 08 February 2018 - 10:50 AM.

• Torm51 likes this

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3021 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
The Paladins gets it for 30 sec every encounter while the Wizard gets it 4 times per rest. That means you've got to rest a lot more for the Wizard and do backtracking when your 2 camping supplies run out, or play conservatively and watch the Paladin outdo your blasts or spell mastery. A fully rested Wizard/Priest/Druid will dominate the other classes, but a few tough encounters down the line and they significantly fall in usefullness while other classes (mostly)stay the same.
  • Sonntam and Torm51 like this

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2549 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
So we fall into a discussion between per encounter and per rest abilities again :p

KaineParker

KaineParker

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3021 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So we fall into a discussion between per encounter and per rest abilities again :p

Well it is relevant to the power of abilities in PoE and a reason to tune previously per rest abilities for Deadfire. As it is now I think capping spells at 2 per encounter for each level is a decent enough solution to this(if they fix casting times), but if some classes are consistently ahead or behind that is indicative of balance issues and should be addressed.

KDubya

KDubya

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1543 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

- Ranger

- Barbarian

- Monk

- Druid

- Wizard

- Cipher

- Priest

- Rogue

- Paladin

- Fighter

- Chanter

Concerning the Barbarian at start: If you are talking about the Berserker you need to consider the malus of the self damage and the friendly fire of carnage due to berserk. In the Beta at level 6+ you have enough health and access to healing to pretty much ignore this damage but at level 1-3 you might have real issues with killing yourself or your team.

I'd put paladin up in the best starters. You get FoD for a nice damage burst and you can have LoH for a nice heal. Both sound pretty good for low level. Add in Deep Faith at level two for a massive +20 boost to all defense and you are the best in the game at that point in my opinion.

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2549 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer

- Ranger

- Barbarian

- Monk

- Druid

- Wizard

- Cipher

- Priest

- Rogue

- Paladin

- Fighter

- Chanter

Concerning the Barbarian at start: If you are talking about the Berserker you need to consider the malus of the self damage and the friendly fire of carnage due to berserk. In the Beta at level 6+ you have enough health and access to healing to pretty much ignore this damage but at level 1-3 you might have real issues with killing yourself or your team.

I'd put paladin up in the best starters. You get FoD for a nice damage burst and you can have LoH for a nice heal. Both sound pretty good for low level. Add in Deep Faith at level two for a massive +20 boost to all defense and you are the best in the game at that point in my opinion.

I think he is talking about PoE 1 not 2.

Yosharian

Yosharian

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

I'm attracted to Paladin for powergaming reasons but I don't really like the idea of the role-playing restrictions.  Which is odd as I never had a problem playing a Paladin in BG2 but somehow in Pillars 1 they seemed... off-putting.

Torm51

Torm51

(11) Wizard

• Members
  • 1765 posts
  • Steam:extol51
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm attracted to Paladin for powergaming reasons but I don't really like the idea of the role-playing restrictions. Which is odd as I never had a problem playing a Paladin in BG2 but somehow in Pillars 1 they seemed... off-putting.

I liked them both I like the different take POE has. To each his own :)

Witness41920

Witness41920

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I haven't gotten to play too much of the beta (sadly) but from what I've seen of the Paladin Orders, they seem pretty fitting. You get some interesting bonuses and some interesting penalties. 

You can see what effects are changed by your choice of Order on the level up (skills) page if you're curious. 

Elkor_Alish

Elkor_Alish

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 57 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Well, I have to say that my first character was a Pale Elf Shieldbearer. My first run was disastrous, I tried putting all of my perk points into raising defenses -for all party members- thinking I could turtle my way through the game. Every fight was a slog. Even after raising the level cap with the White Marches I couldn't beat the dragons, I never actually finished that run. I ended up taking a contract out of state and when I returned I bought a new computer, never bothering with the old files.

So second run was also a Paladin, also a Pale Elf, only difference was opting for Kind Wayfarer. Stat wise, phys stats were all ten, Resolve was eighteen, Perception and Intelligence were somewhere between 12 and 14 with Perception being the higher. Knowing a little about what I was in for, I built him entirely around passive skills and abilities because I loathe micromanaging. He was brutally effective, damn near indestructible but only with team support. Even combat with the dragons never lasted longer than thirty seconds. The only engagement that I remember having to tackle twice was the Guardian behind the sealed door in the Paths Below.

I won my Frozen Triple Crown Solo with a priest. I could never make Durance's AI effective, or even helpful, but for some reason soloing as a Eothasian Priest was just. . .Ridiculously easy. Even easier than the Triple Crown Solo I took with a wizard (I had to look up the hidden achievements and do the whole thing twice, which annoyed the **** out of me).

Some classes are better than others, but none are really awful. It is just a matter of sorting out how to use them I tend to think. Eder, for instance, built around two handed War Hammers and equipped with Abydon's Hammer absolutely wrecks, especially once you slap Savage on him and  that passive that does more damage as the enemy loses health. He pretty much took out the Sky Dragon by himself. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Talents, PoE1, Beta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users