Isn't Minor Blights considered to be a wand? I only tested it "on the fly" with the rod's and the scepter's proficiency activated and they get turned off once you summon Minor Blights.

So Kalakoth's Minor Blights is categorized as a universal weapon and it does appear to count as proficient for devoted.

post-176012-0-19759800-1515946683_thumb.jpg

post-176012-0-24981600-1515946689_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The blights are a ranged weapon, so it makes sense for a Devoted to be unable to specialize in them. Try a Berserker/Wizard if you want the blights with extra penetration ;)

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

The blights are a ranged weapon, so it makes sense for a Devoted to be unable to specialize in them. Try a Berserker/Wizard if you want the blights with extra penetration ;)

But you do get the penetration bonus with blights, also with other ranged weapons so long as you're proficient in them. Nowhere does it say devoted have to use melee weapons. Personally, I've been messing around with a devoted/priest of magran with pistol proficiency for the conjured pistol and it's pretty fun.

Edited by ShakotanSolari

You do get them, but last I checked the subclass’ description specifically stated they’re supposed to pick one melee proficiency ;)

Edited by AndreaColombo

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Interesting. They must have changed this in the beta update.

Quick question as I don't have time to check now—if you play a Monk/Wizard and summon the blights, do they count as being dual-wielded with the fist?

If not, I'd bring this to QA's attention. While it does make sense that any other character's fist wouldn't count as a weapon, a Monk's always should because of Transcendent Suffering.

That’s actually a fair point.

• Like 1

You do get them, but last I checked the subclass’ description specifically stated they’re supposed to pick one melee proficiency ;)

As far as I can tell there is no mention of melee weapons at all in the class description.

I was fooling with a devoted but was not restricted to a single proficiency - did I miss something about how you choose your "devoted" weapon choice? 

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

You didn’t; it’s been bugged since the first beta build.

• Like 1