how can a character gain new traits?

I think Merisel has a spell slot because of the rogue's ability of "Use Magic Device" in D&D. As far as I know, there is currently no way to get an arcane or divine skill for her. That spell slot seems to me to be most useful for a cure spell. You can put a cure spell in that slot which will be banished as soon as you use it. After the scenario, you can replace it with another cure spell as long as you haven't acquired any spells during the adventure. It is almost like having a healing potion that refreshes at the end of each scenario.

I think Merisel has a spell slot because of the rogue's ability of "Use Magic Device" in D&D. As far as I know, there is currently no way to get an arcane or divine skill for her. That spell slot seems to me to be most useful for a cure spell. You can put a cure spell in that slot which will be banished as soon as you use it. After the scenario, you can replace it with another cure spell as long as you haven't acquired any spells during the adventure. It is almost like having a healing potion that refreshes at the end of each scenario.

I’m confused by this. Banished cards are banished; you don’t get them back.

What am I missing here?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I’m confused by this. Banished cards are banished; you don’t get them back.

What am I missing here?

It's rather simple (and can be viewed as gaming the system). If you do not have proper amount of cards after a scenario (say, a spell was banished) and have no spare spell obtained in the scenario itself, you would have non-valid deck (1 card missing). So, you are entitled to draw a new spell with the Basic trait from the box (i.e. Collection). Starting with AD2, you may add non-Basic cards that have adventure deck number two less than the current AD. That is, in AD2 - cards from B,C; in AD3 - cards from B,C,AD1...

Merisiel uses a Cure (with Basic trait), which is banished. If you did not obtain another spell in the scenario, she can draw a new spell, which can be another Cure.

A spell card slot for Meri is not wasted - you may not care about repeatibility for a non-caster and put there any spell you would otherwise throw away. Yes, it is one-time and yes, my Meri does not have this slot :), but the possibilities are interesting.

• Like 3

I have never seen that option available. There have been occasions where I've had to pull a card from my Unclaimed tab, but I've never seen the Collection tab available after the first scenario.

Is it possible that the game only gives you this option if you have no Unclaimed cards?

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

The digital game forces you to pull from your Unclaimed tab first if there are any cards present. I personally don't like that. Call me old fashioned, but I would rather earn the cards I get through adventuring. The first thing I do when I buy treasure chests is go to my unclaimed tab and cash out all the cards there. I understand some people want to play with the new cards you've just bought, but that isn't for me.

Ok that explains it. So it only works as Jenceslav describes if you have no Unclaimed cards.

With much trepidation, I cleaned out my Unclaimed spells and put this to the test with Sajan. Sure enough, after clicking through the "store", I was taken to a similar screen with the Collections tab, full of Repair cards. It appears to be capped at AD4 cards and I can't tell if all of *those* are there, but still, pretty cool!

post-1981-0-50628500-1514966467_thumb.jpg

Edited by Achilles

It appears to be capped at AD4 cards ...

Per the rules, if you are unable to construct a valid deck out of remaining cards, you are allowed to pick any card out of the box with the Basic trait.

However, after you start AD3, you are then allowed to pick any card two ADs lower than the scenario you just played.

Even at end-game, there are still a bunch of decent cards in the AD4 deck.  It's pretty easy to mildly exploit the rules by finding a way to banish cards in AD6 then forfeiting the scenario.