The Obsidian Community all-time top 106 games - FULL RESULTS!

algroth

Good to see Civ 4 up. I suck at the game, but I can't quit playing it.

Hm...kind of like life in that regard.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Great to see Twitcher 3 place as high as it did.  It's maybe the single best example of taking the now quite tired open world collect-a-thon, checklist formula, and disguising the tedium with great narrative and integration into the main story.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I can't help feeling PoE placed as high as it did because we are living in their house.  :p

Not that it isn't a great game! Don't ban me please.

Let's predict the final 10...

I know Baldur's Gate will get on there, I'm assuming both 1 and 2. Then you have Jagged Alliance 2 of course. Fallout 1 and 2 will get a spot as well. What else?

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

I can't help feeling PoE placed as high as it did because we are living in their house.  :p

Are you suggesting a board dedicated to a specific developer is *biased* in favour of said developer? Impossibru!! 1_0_by_babblingfaces-dbdhcc6.png

In all seriousness, yes, the odds are in Pillars' favour, and same can be said about the rest of the Obsidian/Black Isle games. Not that that's particularly bad, there's always going to be some kind of community bias and, for the most part, it is also quite representative of the tastes in this forum too (since hey, we're here for a reason). :p

Edited by algroth
  • Like 5

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

If I were a video game journalist, which I'm totally not, I pretty much have my next article here. Good thing I'm not one then... seriously, I'm not.  :shifty:

Let's predict the final 10...

All I can say is that number 7 will SHOCK you!

Edited by ShadySands
  • Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

New update is up! Featuring three more from everyone's favorite developers, BioWare. 1_0_by_babblingfaces-dbdhcc6.png

Ahhh good ole Bioware, the EA of the yesteryears :) Love me some Mass Effect!
  • Like 1

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I remember asking why more people voted for Dungeon Keeper 2 than Dungeon Keeper 1 and it hasn't appeared yet, probably in the top 10.

Sidenote: Typed this on my phone and I originally typed Dungeon Keeper as "Dunfeon Kweper". I'm so easily entertained that it made me laugh for a good minute.

It suggests that crpg are pinapple of video games creations.

Another good minute there. CRPGs are the pineapple of video games? :lol:

• Like 5

bigstock-Ripe-Pineapples-On-A-White-Woo-

I want pineapples so bad right now, but I am too lazy to get any. I even have the money and it's like a 10 minute walk or something like that but nooooo, this arse is attached to this damn couch, :(

• Like 2

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hmm, it says Jagged Alliance 70, so it should be the highest or something else is wrong?

Adding in NWN2 + MotB (63), you can really tell this is the Obsidian forums, a lot of their games super high, plus CRPGs in general.

Well, thanks to NWN2 + MotB not equal to one game, Baldur's Gate made it to top 10, which is my favourite of the BG games.

:)

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Hmm, it says Jagged Alliance 70, so it should be the highest or something else is wrong?

Adding in NWN2 + MotB (63), you can really tell this is the Obsidian forums, a lot of their games super high, plus CRPGs in general.

Well, thanks to NWN2 + MotB not equal to one game, Baldur's Gate made it to top 10, which is my favourite of the BG games.

:)

The number of votes has greater priority than the number of points. Knight of the Old Republic has less points but more people voted for it, meaning it placed higher. Points act as a tie-breaker. :p

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

The fact the KotOR 2 placed higher than Jagged Alliance 2 might be the greatest injustice in the history of injustices.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks