Yep my friends, it´s me again. :dancing:

Had a short hiatus, surely was not the last one! Next time I´ll travel to the land of the :dragon:

But in the meantime I´d like to ask you Devs:

Could you please unveil percentages for receiving rare, epic and legendary awards by opening treasure chests a) without and b) with runes activated.

I´m an iOS only user. Apple demands unveiling lootbox chances as per their latest update a few days before christmas. I do NOT want to be excluded from playing (and financially supporting) your fine game as your product will be removed from Appstore, please.

Coincidentally, one day last week I experienced opening 48 (!) treasure chests receiving exactly zero(!)  legendary rewards, runes activated. This was somewhat hilarious, I pretend. I´m too old to be upset for gaming, but it was also somewhat demotivating, so I stopped playing on my daily basis. Well, at least for three days :grin: - but, that time I spent money on some other games. :getlost:

As a side note:

I opened more than 250 boxes in total for sure (also purchased contents), but I´m still too far away from enjoying a full book. In the light of the PC-only Obsidian version, please improve drop rates. Well, from a financial standpoint it makes no sense as well, since a lot (most?) spendings are done by microtransactions from mobile devices... but it´s your beer.

So please, pretty please update iOS Version asap, improving lootbox drop chances. And please, also take care of the annoying healing (on/off) bug, would you?!

Thanks.

You probably won't get any sort of official reply since I suspect they're still on holiday, but the basic distribution the community found last year was something along the lines of:

Uncommon: 50%

Rare: 30%

Epic: 17%

Legendary: 2%

A better visualization would be per chest redeemed since it also takes into account the 25% dice drop.  Among the four things you receive, you should get on average:

Uncommon: 1.9 cards
Rare: 1.1 cards
Epic: 0.65 cards
Legendary: 0.1 cards

Dice: 0.25 sets

I'm unsure how precisely the Rune of Wonder doubles the R/E/L odds, but assuming it's just a straight 2x on the weightings, it should probably result in something like:

Uncommon: 1.46 cards
Rare: 1.31 cards
Epic: 0.87 cards
Legendary: 0.13 cards
Dice: 0.23 sets

However it works, using a rune should net you fewer Uncommons, and distributes the benefit among the other rarities based on some secret sauce.  There's only so much percentage to go around; doubling the odds on half the cards provides a less-dramatic boost than it sounds.

I'm also unsure if equipment sets are still in the mix.  Their drop chance is practically a rounding error, so they were not included in the stats above.  It's all handled server-side, so the only real way to guess what's going on is to keep notes when you open chests.  Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 2