Just thought I would share...

I haven't had too much to complain about with the dice thus far, but I thought I would share today's experience with all of you. I was preparing to try to close a location so I wanted as close to 100% certainty as reasonably possible. I revealed a card or two to boost my chances and burned a blessing, bringing my probability up to 93%. I proceeded to roll my FIVE dice and saw all ones!

"Okay, I thought. It is not impossible. The odds of that happening are remote (less than 0.01% as it turns out) so I probably won't ever see that again, right?"

Later the same day, I went through a similar process and had another five dice (ironic, huh?) and the same thing happened again!! I must be the luckiest person in the world to experience a field of ones twice in the same day.

As frustrated as I was at the time, I still don't think the dice are rigged (at least I hope they aren't). I just thought all of you would like to hear. Cheers!!

A couple of things I learned playing solo runs:

1) 95% isn't the same thing as 100%

2) 50% isn't the same thing as 0%

I feel your pain though. I got burned the other night trying to chase down a villain. There was a henchman in the location that couldn't die because the location was still open (because the frickin' villain was in it). Two cards in the deck and all I needed was the villain to be the one on top. Just once. The cards in my hand were lined up like Rockettes, waiting to unleash a world of hurt. Alas all I could do is watch as the blessing deck ticked down to zero, the henchman kept coming out to greet me on repeat like a high fantasy version of Groundhog Day :(

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I don't think the dice are rigged, but I still curse them sometimes. If people are like me, I can point out a couple of things. If you've tuned your deck well, almost all of your mid to late game rolls are highly favorable to you. So, you're testing the edge on those rolls and, being a computer game/app, you're testing them a *lot.* Conversely, you aren't testing unfavorable rolls because you've engineered your deck not to be forced into them. That said, I've actually been caught with my pants down and one time I had a three percent change to get a roll. I shrugged and threw my dice. I laughed because it brought to mind the times I'd rolled in extremely favorable conditions and lost. To your point, though, MrScott, I would have railed with nerd rage against the first loss. Good chance I would have laughed at the second one. It's cool to see others feeling the same pain, though. lol Gotta bolster each other's spirits when the RNG grinds us down to a fine paste.

• Like 2

χαίρετε

Solo run with Merisiel.

At a location with 6 cards remaining in the deck (one of which is the villain).

Up comes a Siren (Wisdom check to defeat).

No problem, Meri can evade.

7 more times I rolled that damn Siren before I finally got something else (luckily it was the villain - the Blessings deck was down to 0).

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

5th attempt at Malugus Kreeg.

Can’t get past the first attempt to defeat him even though Roll Success is well into the 90s.

Last two attempts were “miss by 1”

7 more times I rolled that damn Siren before I finally got something else (luckily it was the villain - the Blessings deck was down to 0).

I've noticed something similar from time-to-time as well.  I'm not convinced it is specifically a RNG issue, but there could be something going on with a shuffle being misapplied or flaking out somehow.

Either the game occasionally pulls an Augury-style "reserve and shuffle under" when it doesn't mean to, or the animation fires off without actually reordering the cards.  Sometimes it would be really nice if I could cheat and view the contents of a deck before and after a suspect shuffle, but based on revealed top cards, it always appears that anomalous shuffles may just be non-shuffles.

3 times in a row I just encountered a bunyip in the throne room with 7 cards in the location deck. Something is definitely not right.

11 cards in a location deck (because the villain escaped here).

3rd exploration in a row that I've encountered a zombie horde barrier.