Casters are still slow...

theBalthazar

That's also the case if RES boosts spell damage an healing. A ranged weapon build doesn't need both too much.

I also suggested and supported the "RES influences the durations of afflictions on you" because I think it's an elegant and easy solution. I also had an idea where more RES gives you more charges of Concentration, making it more difficult to interrupt you (making it valuable for casters as well), but I guess that's too complicated and not implemented easily.

Even glass cannons might not want to dump RES when that means that afflictions might last a lot longer. In the end it's afflictions like stun, paralyze and petrified that kill your glass cannons. From melee attackers you can simply run away, at least in PoE.

Also there were many people who dumped RES in PoE because they could compensate with powerful healing and concentration buffs.

Now it's even worse: a melee powerhouse doesn't need RES at all once you have a priest or Livegiver in the party. Deflection is meaningless, loss of health can be healed all the time by the Livegiver and concentration is of no use for melee guys. Truly a dump stat for them now. If dumping RES would lengthen afflictions on them they would not dump it I guess. Long disables are simply annoying and bad for your dps. Really bad.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Let me reiterate that summoned weapons should be instant just in case this wasn't carved in stone already ;)

I agree that 6s is horrendously slow.

But am still not sure how I do feel about it taking just 0s.

I was thinking about it taking either:

- 0.5s or

- 1.5s, provided there is also some new talent. Let's say Battlemaster Conjurer: summoned weapons take 1s less to conjure and refund the spellusage when they expire. (or even make them not use spellusages at all)

Reason for it being 0.5s instead of 0:

- it allows for showing animation

- it helps against accidental double-click

- it adds some opportunity cost, even if minor

Similar thing about wizard self-buffs, like: Mirrored Image, Wizard's Double, Llengrath's Displaced Image, Llengrath's Safeguard, Arcane Veil, etc.

If it was 0, chances are we would just go for subclassless wizards, and set AI Behaviour to use them all at once at the start of every fight.

[Examples:

mBF4LkJ.png

And then having recovery modifiers indicated in spells tooltip, that would proporti8onally increase or decrease the final value of recovery time.

2RAVkkB.png

For example I think that interruption spells should be really fast, but since they have an utility component, means their dps should be lowered down a bit to compensate, either via base numbers or via longer recovery.

At the same time, the recovery of invocations and cipher powers could be lower than of equal spell, because they have a cost attached related to chants/focus build-up. Also chanting is stopped mid invocation recovery.

Creating time categories is good for many reasons. Mainly because readability, easy to learn.

Make 4 time categories then blur / fuzzy them by bunch of recovery modifier, that is missed opportunity.

Make it simple. I mean like SIMPLE.

4 time categories.

same cast time, same recovery, same total cast time for each category. Do not apply any sub category. Do not apply any special bonuses for certain spells. Keep it simple.

e.g. when you see a spell description slow, then you imminently know what does it means.

• Like 1

Although it would mess up some spell variety, I believe you're right gGeorg.

I recall how I tried to argue for no decimal numbers and such during the PoE1 beta. I'd love to see integers throughout the combat system. That's why I don't want to see any casting durations of 0.5 or 1.5 s.

Edited by IndiraLightfoot

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

But only give Res a defensive bonus will still make them a dump for any ranged glass cannon build i think :(

It's not a problem if some stat is dump for a BUILD.

It would be if it were for a class.

Ranged glass cannons not getting attacked is a problem with AI not stats. Making all attributes offensive would be solving the wrong problem.

• Like 1

Vancian =/= per rest.

But only give Res a defensive bonus will still make them a dump for any ranged glass cannon build i think :(

Ranged glass cannons not getting attacked is a problem with AI not stats. Making all attributes offensive would be solving the wrong problem.

What’s your suggestion then?

You first argue that if Res boost power level, than it would be a dump for a ranged glass cannon build, now you are saying its not a problem if a stats is a dump for a build?? ;)

Edited by dunehunter

I recall how I tried to argue for no decimal numbers and such during the PoE1 beta. I'd love to see integers throughout the combat system. That's why I don't want to see any casting durations of 0.5 or 1.5 s.

Seems like a weirdly arbitrary goal, definitely so when it comes to the actual flow of real time.

I mean, we're talking about an actual half-second difference of actual, real time that we actually perceive in the physical world. If we were to change all 1.5s to 2s just to meet some aesthetic aspiration of "only integers, please" that just makes for a purely worse experience as a player, IMO.

• Like 1

What’s your suggestion then?

You first argue that if Res boost power level, than it would be a dump for a ranged glass cannon build, now you are saying its not a problem if a stats is a dump for a build?? ;)

I merely asked how useful RES would be for ranged weapon users. If not much then fine, that's all right, otherwise it would be a bonus.

I don't have better suggestion than yours. I'd move healing to resolve and add something extra but i don't know what that extra would be. I like the idea of changing affliction/inspiration durations but if i'm not mistaked it's not a new idea so Josh Sawyer considers it unworkable.

Vancian =/= per rest.