Game recommendation

Melusina

Own: Pillars of Eternity, Temple of EE, IWD Complete, IWD2, D:OS2, BG1&2EE, NWN1&2, Songbringer, Planescape: Torment, Regalia: Of Men and monarchs, Divinity 2: DC, Nine Parchments, Trine series, Heroine's Quest: the herald of Ragnarok, Titan Quest + dlc, Drakensang series,, DAO, and many more...

I would like recommendation of only one game - does not have to be rpg

Pyre.

It's unique and definitely different from anything you have listed.

If there's one thing that Supergiant Games has proven, it's that they can make ahorter games with as much depth than a 200 hour rpg. Plus, their music and writing is the best in the industry.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I bought it and return it while on last Steam sale...

So, you didn't like it?

Okay, then I recommend Hollow Knight!

https://youtu.be/UAO2urG23S4

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

My last post didn't show a preview so posting video again.

• Like 2

Tyranny or Torment: Numenera

Or there is never to late to succumb to the JRPG loving crowd and run for Tales of Berseria and Tales of Zestiria ;)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Thank you all, not into Tyranny or Torment:TON, and both japanise Tales are out of my price range... On last sale I aquired Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which is quite nice, so maybe I should focus my attention there...

But, maybe I cash for Mages of Mystralia or Pyre (I was actually suprised it's sports game, that's why I reurnt it) after all....

Actually I can aford Zestiria.

Edited by Melusina

Just so you know. Berseria is praised much more than Zestiria. So some people are not liking Zestiria as much.

I can tell you that I liked Zestiria and the story, even if it was little bit confusing sometimes.

But. Because Zestiria and Berseria are deeply connected with each other, I would recommend you to start with the Zestiria even though it is weaker of the two. And later, if you'd br able to afford Berseria, I would recommend you to buy it as well. I enjoyed it much more than Zestiria.

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Witcher is excellent suggestion - but I dislike it for some unknown reason... Maybe because it's so popular and trendy, so all suggestions I got seems less exciting.. or maybe becuase of Geralt - I really don't see myself roleplaying as male, even though I don't mind playing a male character, lack of options really rubs the wrong side...

Thank you all, not into Tyranny or Torment:TON, and both japanise Tales are out of my price range... On last sale I aquired Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, which is quite nice, so maybe I should focus my attention there...

In Kingdoms of Amalur, there's tons of things to find, plenty of quests to finish and many environments to discover, all wrapped in a very satisfying combat system. Not really my kind of game (more of an action RPG), yet I played it for like 20 hours and I'm pretty sure I didn't even get halfway through.

Just to throw something into the mix, Sunless Sea is a great game and it's unlikely you've ever played anything similar - an RPG-ish exploration game in a Victorian ... Underground ... Ocean. There's a fake star in there. And The End.

Oh right, and when it comes to Witcher III - don't let its popularity turn you off, it's a genuinely well written game that's a ton of fun to play. If you bounced off one of its predecessors, W3 is completely different and, apparently, penned by someone who can actually write engaging and emotional stories.

• Like 3

Witcher is excellent suggestion - but I dislike it for some unknown reason... Maybe because it's so popular and trendy, so all suggestions I got seems less exciting.. or maybe becuase of Geralt - I really don't see myself roleplaying as male, even though I don't mind playing a male character, lack of options really rubs the wrong side...

Ultima 7 will let you play a woman, though you may want to read up on the earlier Ultimas -- specifically the age of enlightenment trilogy -- before starting the game. Not necessary but good background. I would also keep a pen and journal within reach while playing the game... Or a text editor. You are also expected to read the manual before playing.

Play Pillars of Eternity if you want to be bored and feel like you wasted 90% of the money you paid. Play Civ 4.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh right, and when it comes to Witcher III - don't let its popularity turn you off, it's a genuinely well written game that's a ton of fun to play. If you bounced off one of its predecessors, W3 is completely different and, apparently, penned by someone who can actually write engaging and emotional stories.

Hmmm, I did "bounce off" an earlier Witcher game. I finished it, but it wasn't my cuppa and, moreover, I hated the way combat worked. So much so, in fact, that I tended to avoid it as best I could. I'll have to take a look at Witcher III with this new info in mind.

Plus, I didn't think Geralt was so much douchie, Hurlshot, as really just trying to figure out why he gave a crap about what he was doing. Take the money and run, you white haired freak! Maybe Witcher III will redeem him.

χαίρετε

The combat is the same rolly-rolly sword-swinging business in all Witcher games. W3 is a very accomplished culmination of the series, but it's not really 'completely different', it just has a more open world element (which doesn't really add much). Witcher's strengths were always the graphics and the writing.

DOS EE is probably a decent pick for the OP. Other candidates would be Arcanum, Fallout 1/2, Realms of Arkania (originals), Knights of the Chalice.

Geralt is a douche, you have good instincts.

Maybe the original Mass Effect?

Calls Geralt a douche.

Suggests game starring Commander Shepard.

At least Geralt never had a derp face or sat inappropriately while wearing a skirt.  ;)

• Like 4

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Hmmm, I did "bounce off" an earlier Witcher game. I finished it, but it wasn't my cuppa and, moreover, I hated the way combat worked. So much so, in fact, that I tended to avoid it as best I could. I'll have to take a look at Witcher III with this new info in mind.

You too? Man, I've never been able to get into the Witcher series despite how people rave about it. Made me worry that my RPG-dar was broken.

Witcher 3 is good but it just isn't "as good" as people say.

I'm not the only one who catagorizes it a an action game with rpg elements rather than an Action rpg. And Geralt is okay as a character, pretty boring sometimes though.