Offer an option to go to normal speed in combat (from fast speed)

thelee

Slow speed is gone, but I still like exploring in Fast Mode and it'd be nice if we had an analogous option to switch to Normal speed like how we used to be able to have auto-slow mode in PoE and Tyranny.

Normally this is not too bad (I have auto-pause on enemy sight and I just disable fast speed when it triggers), but there's at least two encounters in the main critical path so far where this enemy sight auto-pause doesn't trigger (in similar cases to PoE where i there are hostile enemies that appear during a cutscene, the enemy-sight autopause may not trigger once the cutscene ends) and things start off frantically before I can disable fast speed. I'm only on Veteran, so losing some fast response time at the start of combat isn't too bad yet, but I imagine once I feel comfortable to do Path of the Damned this will become more annoying.

• Like 5

I completely agree. In the first game you could be running around in fast mode all the time, and whenever you got into combat it would automatically go to normal speed. I'd love to see this option come back. Right now I often forget that I'm in fast mode, because I'm used to it changing automatically, and suddenly the entire battle has gone by  :p

• Like 1

Also, add Slow Mode back. :p

​No seriously, I still want it even with the pacing changes. Just because Normal speed is playable this time around does not mean that I don't want Slow Mode also.

Ideally configurable with a slider, if we're asking for X-mas miracles.

• Like 1