Update #43 - The Year In Review

Happy holidays, Watchers! It's been a fantastic year making Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, and we couldn't have done it without you and your support! With all that's happened, we asked Producer Katrina Garsten to help us look back on all the major (and some not-so-major) milestones we've hit with the game since we launched our crowdfunding campaign at the beginning of the year. And, like any good developer, we put a nice little bonus at the end of the video for all our fans. Enjoy!

We can't thank you enough for your support this past year. As we go into the new year, get ready for even more updates to the Backer Beta, and prepare for a lot of awesome Deadfire news to come your way! In the meantime, if you're taking part in the closed Backer Beta for Pillars II, be sure to check out the latest update and send us your feedback. We've already made countless improvements to various aspects of Deadfire based on feedback we've already received – thank you so much to our dedicated backers!

Limited Quantities of Physical Orders Are Back For a Short Time!

It's kinda cliché to say "back by popular demand," but Physical Backer Tiers are... back by popular demand! We are re-opening a limited number of our physical rewards for a short window for those of you who missed out on them and still want to order. From now until January 5th, 2018, if you want to upgrade your Deadfire order to a physical order, or add more physical rewards to an existing order, you may do so. But seriously, after January 5th, those physical orders will be gone for good, no matter how much demand there is – so be sure to upgrade now!

Join Us At PAX South!

As Katrina mentioned in the video, some of us will be are also going to be at PAX South in San Antonio, Texas with our publishers Versus Evil, at their booth (#10476). If you're going to be in the San Antonio area, be sure to join us the weekend of January 12-14th, 2018 where you'll be able to get some hands on time with Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire!

Until next time, citizens of Eora, happy holidays to you and yours!

If you missed Update 42, check it out here!
  • Like 12

On Twitter @MikeyDowling

The bloopers were really funny :)

Thanks to the whole crew for all the hard work on what will bring us countless hours of quality entertainment! Have a merry Christmas!

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Is there some higher up making this on purpose? I mean she now fits the Obsidian motif with Krampus Sweater Katrina. First there was only Green Shirt Girl and now within few weeks we get White Shirt Woman, Great Beard Guy, and Krampus Sweater Katrina. It can't be coincidence. It can't be. But what does it all mean?

Guys, I think I've figured it out and I'm going to share it with everybody. The official name for Tim&Leo RPG is going to have three words and the first and last words are going to start with the same letter.

I'm 100% certain that I'm right. There is no other possible explanation.

Edit: I almost forgot Great Beard Guy.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The bloopers were really funny :)

Thanks to the whole crew for all the hard work on what will bring us countless hours of quality entertainment! Have a merry Christmas!

I just want to second this. I have loved everything you guys have done and am really excited for what happens next year!

Thanks for a great update - loved the bloopers at the end too :lol:

Merry Christmas Obsidian - enjoy the holiday, you deserve a break :thumbsup:8)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Does it seem strange to anyone else for an attribute named "strength" to affect damage done by weapons like guns and crossbows that don't usually have a users strength as a factor? Great video, anyway. Those bloopers were amazing.

Edited by gz33

Does it seem strange to anyone else for an attribute named "strength" to affect damage done by weapons like guns and crossbows that don't usually have a users strength as a factor? Great video, anyway. Those bloopers were amazing.

At some point we just have to accept that there's a damage stat.  You could head-canon it as greater strength meaning you can control the kick-back better and hit more accurately for greater damage.  (There'd still be limits, but it's still a game)

• Like 1

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

At some point we just have to accept that there's a damage stat.  You could head-canon it as greater strength meaning you can control the kick-back better and hit more accurately for greater damage.  (There'd still be limits, but it's still a game)

You're right, I do think "Might" made somewhat more sense as a name for a stat that affected the power of attacks for which physical strength wouldn't be a factor, though. Either way, I guess there is a sentimental element to the idea of a strength stat, by virtue of its connection with the Infinity Engine games and D&D in general.

How do you upgrade to a physical order? I only seem to be able to buy an additional physical order, not upgrade my current pledge.

What he said...

Obsidian, do you mind replying to this query? I have the same problem and I know many others. I also sent an e-mail about it but no reply so far. We know it is holidays' period but well...you were the ones who released this new offer during this time...so a reply is much appreciated

Thank you

• Like 1

Limited Quantities of Physical Orders Are Back For a Short Time!

It's kinda cliché to say "back by popular demand," but Physical Backer Tiers are... back by popular demand! We are re-opening a limited number of our physical rewards for a short window for those of you who missed out on them and still want to order. From now until January 5th, 2018, if you want to upgrade your Deadfire order to a physical order, or add more physical rewards to an existing order, you may do so. But seriously, after January 5th, those physical orders will be gone for good, no matter how much demand there is – so be sure to upgrade now!

Thanks for re-opening pledging season!

Backed and looking forward to receive my big box :)

Would we please be able to get the space pig plush added to the addons section? I remember it being brought up a couple of times during the fig campaign, but never saw any response on the topic.

• Like 1