Let's gather feedback for AI customization here

Questions:

For entries like "Target: engaged by one or more enemies," does that mean my enemies, or their enemies? For example, if I want to cast something when an enemy target is near my party members, would I need to phrase it "Target: Allies in melee range" or "target: Enemies in melee range" ?

Similarly, does "has heavy armor equipped" refer to the actual physical armor item, or just the armor rating? If I set my wizard to always cast Expose Vulnerabilities on enemies in heavy armor, will that hit Blights, or just pirates in plate?

PatriotChief — you can make the AI evaluate the condition every X seconds to avoid spamming. Works really well. Set the seconds to the duration of the buff and your characters will renovate it when it expires.

Hey thanks man! I can't wait till I get all my quick cast self buffs down correctly. Gonna be a lot more fun now worrying about them and just focusing on casting the big stuff. 

PatriotChief — you can make the AI evaluate the condition every X seconds to avoid spamming. Works really well. Set the seconds to the duration of the buff and your characters will renovate it when it expires.

Hey thanks man! I can't wait till I get all my quick cast self buffs down correctly. Gonna be a lot more fun now worrying about them and just focusing on casting the big stuff. 

What's the problem you're having? I generally just set the buffs to conditional: target (self) has inspiration (type) (checkbox NOT), then cast (inspiration type).

Or are you trying to cast buffs that aren't inspirations? I can see how that would be a bigger problem. 

My issue right now is trying to set up a chanter so that they use Hel Hyraf's and Thunder Rolled often enough to be useful, but also don't spam them so often that they never get a chance to drop their summons.

Does anyone have a set of conditionals they're happy with for when to cast Consecrated Ground? 

Right now I'm using "allies in melee range" AND "enemies in melee range" but since my priest uses a pike that's not perfect, and "melee range" is a bit vague.

edit: setting both "threatened by anyone in melee" and "threatening anyone in melee" to ON solves this issue reasonably well.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy

Followup:

has anyone managed to set a good scripting conditional for wiping Charm and Dominated effects?

My priest has the single-target Intellect Inspiration, which is perfect for clearing charm; however, when I set it to target an ally who has an intellect affliction, it will NOT target charmed or dominated party members! Because they're no longer "allies," I suspect.

I suggest adding another target type, "party member," in addition to "ally" and "enemy." 

edit: Oooh ok, you can pick "enemy" as a target type for intellect inspirations, and it will only cast it on charmed former allies, so there's already a fix for this issue available you just have to figure out how to take advantage

Casting "dominate" on charmed former allies also works.

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Additional detail:

It would be *really* nice if the AI was smart enough to not cast spells on targets that you know are immune to that spell -- for example, if you have revealed that the target is immune to Intellect afflictions, why is my cipher trying to cast Dominate on said target?

For the Beguiler (and also, I imagine, rogues) it would be nice if "target has: flanked" were also a conditional you could script for.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My main wish for the AI scripting is to allow me to script not the things I want to do myself, because I consider them the core of playing the game (casting spells, using abilities etc.), but the things I don't really want to do myself, because I find them a bit too tedious.

Things I would like to have scripted are things like switching weapon sets for higher penetration/different dmg type and switching most of the modals on/off. Sure there are modals that are impossible to script because of their nature, but things like increased pen or accuracy traded for recovery time would be easy to script and quite handy. I'm sure there's more, those are just of the top of my head.