For anyone looking to find out more about the non-Legendary A Fighter's Tale boon cards:

ALLIES

post-1981-0-36192000-1515471501_thumb.jpg post-1981-0-83366500-1515471596_thumb.jpg

ARMOR

post-1981-0-73346600-1515471728_thumb.jpg 

ITEMS:

post-1981-0-93694200-1515472239_thumb.jpg post-1981-0-18480500-1515472249_thumb.jpg post-1981-0-43530000-1515472257_thumb.jpg

SPELLS:

post-1981-0-04370800-1515472713_thumb.jpg post-1981-0-04285800-1515472720_thumb.jpg post-1981-0-02510800-1515472731_thumb.jpg

WEAPON

post-1981-0-16693600-1515472844_thumb.jpg post-1981-0-52486900-1515472852_thumb.jpg

A quick note re: banished items - the cards from the DLC are not currently added to the Collection. If you play Unearthly Aim, Alacritous Draught, or almost any of the Legendary reward cards, they will be gone (with no way of getting them back in the latter case).

Thanks to Ethics Gradient for all the heavy lifting he did in this thread.

Edited by Achilles
  • Like 2

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Okay, here's a list of cards that are only encountered in the Valeros scenarios, plus the scenario reward cards highlighted in orange.

ALLY: Master-at-Arms, Quartermaster, Farmer's Daughter

ARMOR: Clairvoyant Aegis, Trusty Scale Mail

HENCHMAN: Hired Hand, Kobold Warrior, Orc Poisoner, The Muscle

ITEM: Alacritous Draught, Commander's Decree, Topaz of Strength, Boots of Speed, Trusty Tankard

MONSTER: Kobold Hunter

SPELL: Unearthly Aim, Masterwork, Call Weapon

VILLAIN: Barkeep, Kobold Heretic, Spurned Farmer's Daughter, Sycorius, Twoblades

WEAPON: Cestus +1, Devouring Trident, Old Friends

As for getting them to display in your collection... there really isn't much you can do right now.  So far as the game knows, they're basically invisible.  

It's easy for the game to sort out the Goblins cards because they're technically part of a separate campaign.  However, Valeros cards aren't entirely RoTR campaign cards, nor are they Treasure Cards.  The way the game displays card sets wasn't really made to parse oddball decklists like the the Valeros DLC.  

Fixable?  Yeah.  Probably.  But don't quote me on that; it's not like I work there.   :p

• Like 2

Ooo, totally forgot about Cetus +1 and the Topaz of Strength. I didn't know about the others.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone by chance have stats for Master at Arms, Quartermaster, Clairvoyant Aegis, or Commander’s Decree? Been grinding the DLC since Thursday and am close to giving up the belief that these cards actually exist.

• Like 1

Here's a paraphrased description of each:

Quartermaster 

Recharge for 1d4 to acquire boons; 1d8 if weapon, armor, item.  Discard to explore, etc...

Master-At-Arms

Recharge for 1d4 melee. Discard to explore, etc...

Commander's Decree

Make another character move on your turn

Clairvoyant Aegis

Recharge to reduce 3 combat damage and draw up to three cards

There should be two each of those cards in the Valeros scenarios.  QM and MAA are both drawn from the Skull & Shackes Adventure Path, and have some additional swashbuckling/finesse powers that don't really come into play in RotR.  Since they are "campaign" cards, turning Treasure Cards off in the settings menu should greatly improve their odds of discovery while playing the Valeros DLC.

Edit: Check out the post below.  Your odds of encountering these cards probably depends more on your party's level than whether or not Treasure Cards are active.

Edited by Ethics Gradient
  • Like 1

Update: I think I may have figured out your mystery, and it is a little more interesting than I guessed.

The Valeros DLC scales with the party that is attempting it.  Start it with a party fresh out of the B scenarios, and the Valeros DLC will be comprised of limited set of cards.  Give it a go with your warband that conquered the game, and cards up through AD6 should be in the mix.  Simple enough.

Where that gets interesting is that the game uses that same party-level scaling to manage the internal cull.  If you attempt the Valeros DLC with an advanced party, not only will it be adding higher-level cards, it will be holding back a greatly-increased percentage of Basic and Elite cards.

All those cards you asked about (and Call Weapon) have that Basic or Elite trait.  If you're going back to attempt the Valeros DLC after completing the game, those cards get culled as if you were attempting an AD6 scenario, and you have a reasonably low chance that they're even available when it is time to deal out the location decks.

You can see what "virtual" AD-level the game is playing the DLC at by clicking the options button then "Collection" when you are in the middle of a Valeros scenario.  The highest number lit will show you the max AD of cards added to the game, as well as what level the Basic/Elite cull is operating at.

• Like 2

*facepalm* of course

So try it with a mid-level party with Treasure Cards off?

• Like 1

*facepalm* of course

Oh man, it wasn't particularly obvious at all.  Since the Valeros cards aren't visible in the collection, it took a little digging to narrow down an answer.

And yes, the best bet to find those cards is playing a party with lower level characters.  Party Level is defined as the highest completed Adventure Deck of any of the current party members.  In order not to trigger the first round of Basic culls, you'd need to attempt the Valeros DLC with a group that hasn't quite completed AD3.

If you're brave (and lucky), you can attempt the Valeros DLC before you finish the B scenarios, and after you disable Treasure Cards, the only things that should turn up are B-Deck, C-Deck, Promos, and Valeros DLC cards.

• Like 1

*facepalm* of course

Oh man, it wasn't particularly obvious at all.  Since the Valeros cards aren't visible in the collection, it took a little digging to narrow down an answer.

And yes, the best bet to find those cards is playing a party with lower level characters.  Party Level is defined as the highest completed Adventure Deck of any of the current party members.  In order not to trigger the first round of Basic culls, you'd need to attempt the Valeros DLC with a group that hasn't quite completed AD3.

If you're brave (and lucky), you can attempt the Valeros DLC before you finish the B scenarios, and after you disable Treasure Cards, the only things that should turn up are B-Deck, C-Deck, Promos, and Valeros DLC cards.

I created a new two character party (Valeros and Lem). They are wrapping up Brigandoom now. I plan on porting a few of cards (i.e. Slaying Sword, Force Sling) over from my other Val/Lem team-up to smooth the way and then do precisely that :)

Thanks for the help!

Do I need to be in AD1 to get access to Elite cards, or no?

I don't believe so.  The Valeros DLC essentially has it's own decklist (made up of various rarities/AD levels/etc), and it gets loaded on top of whatever the party's max level dictates.  I can double-check in the morning, but I'm reasonably sure that's the case.  

And as a minor correction from before; a party that has completed B scenarios, but hasn't yet completed AD1, still has a "B" rating.  Attempting the Valeros DLC with a party that hasn't finished AD1 is no different from a party that hasn't finished ADB.  

Completing a bit of AD1, but not finishing it out, should give the party a handful of powers/feats to tackle the DLC without triggering the addition of the AD1 wave of cards.

• Like 1

For the sake of clarification, here's what players can expect the composition of Valeros scenarios to look like depending on the highest Adventure Deck completion of any character in your party.

N/A: Valeros, C, Promos, B

B: Valeros, C, Promos, B
1: Valeros, C, Promos, B, 1
2: Valeros, C, Promos, B, 1, 2
3: Valeros, C, Promos, B, 1, 2, 3, Minus (Some Basics)
4: Valeros, C, Promos, B, 1, 2, 3, 4, Minus (Most Basics)
5: Valeros, C, Promos, B, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, Minus (Nearly All Basics, Some Elites)
6: Valeros, C, Promos, B, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Minus (Nearly All Basics, Most Elites)

Since some of the Valeros DLC cards carry the Basic and Elite traits, odds of acquisition are pretty rough if you are using an end-game party.

To play the Valeros DLC with the strongest party, but smallest card pool (improving your chances of finding Valeros boons), turn off Treasure Cards and play the DLC with a group that hasn't completed AD1.  Playing up through AD1-3 would give everyone a few feats without triggering the addition of AD1 cards into the DLC scenarios.

• Like 3

I now have 3 Topaz of Strengths, back ups for Call Weapon and Masterwork, and I just saw Clairvoyant Aegis for the first time. Thanks for your help!

• Like 1

Is Unearthly Aim a higher level card? The one I found weeks ago got "misplaced" when Harsk decided to see if they really meant "Banished".

EDIT: Never mind. I was just waiting for me to give up.

Edited by Achilles

OP has been updated. Thanks, Ethics Gradient, for all of your assistance and patience.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...