Politics Thread: Silicon Valley Edition

Blarghagh

Word is that Trump is preparing for an interview with Mueller and there are talks underway: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/1/8/16862632/trump-russia-collusion-probe-investigation-mueller Nothing has been set up yet however.

Direct link to NBC newsL https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/initial-talks-underway-about-trump-interview-mueller-russia-probe-n835506

Regardless of what people think of Trump, it's still going to be a big deal and if he lies, he'll be in trouble.

Edited by smjjames

I forget who said it, but it was a celebrity. They thought impeaching Trump would make Hillary President. I'll bet the were pissed when someone set them straight.... if anyone has.

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Do we really want Pence as President though? Trump still a wild card in who his actions will benefit but we know exactly what we are getting with Pence.

And sycophants don't make good leaders. Though it could be all an act since he knows his job security relies on appearing to be as loyal to Trump as possible.

I read that free copy of that Fire and Fury book and while Pence wasn't covered much, when he was mentioned, he came off as maybe even more of a moron than Trump and allegedly the opinion of the staff was that he wasn't smart and that he was weak.

Wait, is it recorded?

What is? The Mueller interview? I'm sure they'd record it for their own internal use, but it won't be public.

Edited by smjjames

Do we really want Pence as President though? Trump still a wild card in who his actions will benefit but we know exactly what we are getting with Pence.

And sycophants don't make good leaders. Though it could be all an act since he knows his job security relies on appearing to be as loyal to Trump as possible.

I read that free copy of that Fire and Fury book and while Pence wasn't covered much, when he was mentioned, he came off as maybe even more of a moron than Trump and allegedly the opinion of the staff was that he wasn't smart and that he was weak.

I figured he was referring to Pence's odd religious beliefs, even by American standards, and the fact that he is actually a politician and may be more effective than Trump who seems to only have one tactic that he applies to everything.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Pence is definetly savvy, I'll give him that.

In 2018 midterm news, pardoned ex-sherriff Joe Arpaio announced a Senate bid for Arizona. Not surprised that he wants to stay in power one way or another. http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/09/politics/arizona-senate-joe-arpaio/index.html

Another Republican, Rep. Martha McSally is planning on announcing later in the week.

I weep for my home state

I thought you were in Colorado?

Arpaio is 85, it's pretty obvious he wants to stay in power one way or another. If he somehow gets the nomination, I'd see that seat as being pretty easy to get for the Democrats.

Arizona, like many other western states has been importing a disproportionate number of blue voters. It has almost become a blue state, so a democrat very well may win the Senate seat regardless of who runs on the red team this year.

I weep for my home state

Well, maybe death will claim him soon.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I weep for my home state

I thought you were in Colorado?

Arpaio is 85, it's pretty obvious he wants to stay in power one way or another. If he somehow gets the nomination, I'd see that seat as being pretty easy to get for the Democrats.

Arizona, like many other western states has been importing a disproportionate number of blue voters. It has almost become a blue state, so a democrat very well may win the Senate seat regardless of who runs on the red team this year.

That's a pretty unfair jab at immigration. If Republicans can't attract latinos, then that's their problem, not Democrats usurping the Republicans.

It would be more accurate to say it's turning purple or swing state, but it's definetly true that western states have been trending purple/blue. Even Texas has been following that trend, though it has a longer way to go before it becomes a swing state.

negative: a pence presidency would make daily wh news conferences boring 'cause executive activities would be predictable.

positive: nuclear holocaust during a pence presidency seems far less likely.

tough choices.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 2

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

And now Bannon steps down from Breitbart.

I was wondering what was going to happen with that

The comments on Breitbart are hilarious.

Like what comments?

He didn't just fly too close to the sun here, he dove straight into it, total self immolation. https://www.axios.com/behind-the-scenes-of-bannons-exit-1515533804-334c36b1-5af4-4ba8-a7ae-e63786a552b4.html