Behaviour Editor in Recent Stream

All I have to say is WOWSER. 

The editor looks GREAT. This is a HUGE addition to the game. Colour me impressed. 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209325992?t=29m31s

Questions: Can AI scripts be saved globally and used between characters? 

Can AI scripts be shared in a file format? - ANSWERED: You can INDEED share AI scripts!

Edited by DCParry
  • Like 5

Yeah this looks robust. But... am I the only one who's playing with AI off all the time? :geek:

With the CURRENT state of AI? No. ;)

I'm excited to see how this new AI system serves though, because I vastly prefer having less to micromanage so I can let combat flow in real-time and not be paused every 2 seconds so my brain can keep up...

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

Yeah this looks robust. But... am I the only one who's playing with AI off all the time? :geek:

Nah, it looks good, but unless there is a really OP buff which I will want to cast at the start of every battle, I don’t see myself using this feature very much. I am a control freak. I hate when AI does things I didn’t intend. Also if I do things myself every failure is on me only. Still, Looks great.

Nah, it looks good, but unless there is a really OP buff which I will want to cast at the start of every battle, I don’t see myself using this feature very much. I am a control freak. I hate when AI does things I didn’t intend. Also if I do things myself every failure is on me only. Still, Looks great.

Exactly I don't trust the AI 100% :p

Wasting my potions, spending my spells... I might want them!  :D

If it gets me through my regular start-of-combat buffing routine (including potions) without clicks, I’m sold. I’ll handle the rest of the battle.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I can’t watch right now, but I am so excited. I didn’t back until this stretch goal was met. Thankfully it didn’t take long in the campaign.

Exactly I don't trust the AI 100% :p

Wasting my potions, spending my spells... I might want them!  :D

That half the point of this. Tell it to do what you want and only what you want, and it won’t do anything else.

In Dragon Age it took some observation and tweaking to get right, but it was its own awesome metagame. Nothing like seeing them independently perform flawlessly thanks to your instruction.

That half the point of this. Tell it to do what you want and only what you want, and it won’t do anything else.

In Dragon Age it took some observation and tweaking to get right, but it was its own awesome metagame. Nothing like seeing them independently perform flawlessly thanks to your instruction.

I found DA insufficient and even though I played with it quite a bit it never was close to performing the way I wished. I don’t min/max in character creation but I min/max in battle. If I set “during health potion when below 25%” it will work half of a time as I wish, but when I am fighting last two enemies and I know I will survive and I will see my tank take a potion it will annoy me. If I set him to interrupt enemies with knock back and eventually I need him to interrupt someone and I see he depleted his pool, it will bother me (even if controlling him I would find myself in the same situation - but then I would know when and why I used those skills).

I am not saying that it’s a bad system or it shouldn’t be used, but I personally, expect it to be more frustrating than useful, though I am looking forward to experimenting with it.

• Like 3

I found DA insufficient and even though I played with it quite a bit it never was close to performing the way I wished. I don’t min/max in character creation but I min/max in battle. If I set “during health potion when below 25%” it will work half of a time as I wish, but when I am fighting last two enemies and I know I will survive and I will see my tank take a potion it will annoy me. If I set him to interrupt enemies with knock back and eventually I need him to interrupt someone and I see he depleted his pool, it will bother me (even if controlling him I would find myself in the same situation - but then I would know when and why I used those skills).

I am not saying that it’s a bad system or it shouldn’t be used, but I personally, expect it to be more frustrating than useful, though I am looking forward to experimenting with it.

I can related to not min-maxing at cc, but instead in battle.

That’s why I would never put consumables on the AI, and you could also direct your warrior to only use knockdown with a certain stamina reserve.

• Like 1

Sawyer says the AI packages in Pillars 1 were too aggressive(as in too good/efficient) and its why Pillars 1 played better than he expected in consoles therefore only lower difficulties will have "aggressive" behavior presets in Deadfire.

Yeah, I thought this bit was interesting...way to integrate this into difficulty levels :p And a sign that he's not trusting better players[at this game] not to exploit this system, at least not too easily since potentially everyone can make the same or better AI presets in any difficulty level themselves.

• Like 1

Sawyer says the AI packages in Pillars 1 were too aggressive(as in too good/efficient) and its why Pillars 1 played better than he expected in consoles therefore only lower difficulties will have "aggressive" behavior presets in Deadfire.

Yeah, I thought this bit was interesting...way to integrate this into difficulty levels :p And a sign that he's not trusting better players[at this game] not to exploit this system, at least not too easily since potentially everyone can make the same or better AI presets in any difficulty level themselves.

Uhhhh what? The AI was awful. And why put in the system if not for us to exploit it?

Uhhhh what? The AI was awful. And why put in the system if not for us to exploit it?

To be more specific he refered to console port. Apparently AI was set up as much more aggresive one, making PoE much more playable with controller.