The NHL Thread

Krookie

Of course I do. Sharks need to move some of their great young talent for someone who can score regularly. Instead they are letting the waiver wire take their players away. :(

Patty Marleau is thriving in Toronto and I'm super happy for him. He just passed my other favorite player, Brenden Shanahan, for total games played.

Vegas has been a crazy story. I'm going to Vegas to see the Sharks play them at the end of March. I figured I could get a decent price on tickets, but with them winning so much, it cost me a pretty penny.

Brent Burns shows up to practice with my son's age group on occasion. Scott Hannan is a regular as well. It's pretty fun watching it, these kids have no idea how good those guys are.

23380324_10210628731819181_5833578223959

Edited by Hurlshot
  • Like 1

I didn't re-new my NHL Center Ice package this year. But I have been following the Panther's on SiriusXM. Losing Luongo was devastating, particularly for a team that s giving up way too many SOG

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I didn't re-new my NHL Center Ice package this year. But I have been following the Panther's on SiriusXM. Losing Luongo was devastating, particularly for a team that s giving up way too many SOG

Panthers seem like they still have a pretty strong foundation of young players but yeah, I don't know if they make the cut this season.

I'm happily surprised that Vancouver is playing well, I'd like to see the Sedins make the playoffs one last time. 

Vegas has a great HC. I'm still pissed the Panthers fired him for no good reason. What part if the success they were enjoying did they find so objectionable I wonder? Because it went in the toilet after that. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yeah, that whole situation was really strange.

In other news, I'll be in Vegas for the Devils first game there this March with a couple of buddies.

Awesome, I will be at the Sharks game in Vegas at the end of March.

Excellent!!

I'm really excited - We originally thought that we would grab tickets for super cheap given the assumption that the Knights would be trash by March. But I'm not even upset that we'll probably wind up spending $100 a ticket or so, the atmosphere in their arena looks phenomenal. Who knows, maybe it'll be a SCF preview ;)

Edited by Krookie

• 2 weeks later...

It's crazy how good Vegas is right out of the gate.  It would take a monumental collapse for them over the second half not to make the playoffs, so hopefully they make history and can make it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yeah surprises me too. I thought they'd suck. Their roster doesn't look that good 'on paper' though everyone is playing well. And, even the biggets bright spot - Fleury - wa sinjured so we can't just say the team's success sis based on one goalie 'stealing' gam,es as they win without him. Kudos to them. Hopefully, my Rangers beat them tonight.... <>

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m going to Nashville tonight to watch the Panthers beat the Preds. We’ve got great seats too. 12 row lower bowl. High enough the glass won’t be a hindrance to seeing.

• Like 2

Thomas Sowell

• 1 month later...

Got out to Vegas for the Devils game last week. 

Holy hell, what an unbelievable thing they have going on out there. The arena is beautiful, the area around it is incredible. We went to a place called BeerHaus and played cornhole/shuffleboard outside in 70 degree weather for about two hours before the game. 

Chico Resch showed up, and we grabbed a picture with him. Super nice dude. Devils won 8(!!!) - 3 which was the icing on the cake, but even if they had lost I'd say it was far and away my favorite arena experience. Vegas fans were super friendly too.

@Hurlshot, you get out for the Sharks game yet or is that at the end of the month?  

• Like 1

Rangers should fold. They no longer deserve a team.  Purposefully tanking is for loser teams. The King should ask for a different place to sit on his throne as they spit on everyone. COMPLETE GARBAGE.

@Hurlshot, you get out for the Sharks game yet or is that at the end of the month?  

I've got two more weeks, I'm psyched!

I'm hoping the sun comes out by then. I booked at the Hard Rock and if it isn't decent pool weather, I'll be a bit bummed. It looks like it will be mid-70's.

• 3 weeks later...

Super fun season.

Highlights were definitely seeing Elias' retirement ceremony, the 8-3 victory over the Knights, and Taylor Hall's insane point streak. 

1st time since 1994 that a Devils goalie not named Marty Brodeur will start in net for the Devils in the playoffs ... And who would have guessed it would be Keith Kinkaid and not Schneider? I doubt the Devils take the series, but wouldn't be surprised if we steal a game or two. 

My money is on Nashville to win the Cup. 

@Hurlshot - how was your trip out to Vegas?

@Hurlshot - how was your trip out to Vegas?

I had to cancel because we moved. :(

I actually made a pretty good profit on the tickets though. Vegas is just killing it on tickets this season. I'm cautiously optimistic that the Sharks will have a good showing. It will be a physical series.

• 2 weeks later...

Patty Marleau tallied two goals, but it wasn't enough to keep the Leafs alive. He has 70 goals in the playoffs at this point, many of them huge. I know I am biased, but I think he has slowly worked his way into solid HoF contention.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharks had a good year, but they are going out with a wimper in this last game. Aw well, always next season.

I am interested to see how far the Knights can take this. Fluery is the best goalie left and he looks so relaxed in the net right now.

Better than the goalie the Pens threw him in the trash for? LMAO

I hope Ovechkin wins the cup. If he doesn't though, I want Fleury to  spit in the eye of every Penguin who betrayed him from top to bottom as he beats them in the Finals.

• Like 1