:( I really hoped they will announce release of new beta build. They showed the new changes in game but the most interesting was AI editor. It seems to be living up to the hype, and might be quite a treat for people looking to fully or partially automate their companions. Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

Looking forward to seeing how the new balanced weapons compare. Fast goes from one to two seconds and slow stays at three seconds. Looks to be a good change as the current fast weapons at one second are way better.

The Priest change to getting core spells at level up looks great.

Not sure that Paladins needed to have their malus removed, it served to balance the huge benefit from Deep Faith. 

The programmable  AI looks great, I really loved the one in Dragon Age Origins.

The game looks better and better the more we see, hopefully we get the update next week.

• Like 3

I agree with KDubya on all accounts.

I’m eager to try out the balance changes and see what they play like, though I doubt that will happen much earlier than the first week of January—I’ll have no access to my PC from Monday until then ;)

Doesn’t look like summoned weapons were made fast cast, though :(

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Dragon Age Origins has the best AI system I've ever experienced.

It will be so great if something similar will be implemented in Deadfire.

Yeah. My only qualm with it was that you had to have the privilege of unlocking tactic slots. That was a bit dumb. Like "Oh, you can control your characters' thinking, BUT YOU'RE GONNA WORK FOR IT, DAMMIT!" Haha.

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

As a massive control freak I will probably hardly use the AI, but it does look very cool for those who don't micromanage to the extent that I do.

Your party still has a basic base AI, that you might not be fond of. I know I had a few issues with my parties default behavior in Pillars 1.

Your party still has a basic base AI, that you might not be fond of. I know I had a few issues with my parties default behavior in Pillars 1.

I always turned AI off. As far as I can tell this resulted in them nothing without express orders e.g. they stand there getting attacked until I ordered them to attack back,

The new AI System seems so deep (& Share-able ! Is that a word ? ^^).

I'm sure people will go crazy with it, & create full In-Depth AI Patterns, that Path Of The Damned difficulty will play out as Story Mode.

Sit Back & Watch.  :lol:

Shifter Subclass needs Love !  o:)

Edited by DexGames

Shadowing Beyond cost 3 Guile is a big nerf to assassins tho. Specially for multi class ones. They keep mention ppls like to make their main as assassin and devoted. Wonder if devoted gonna be nerfed next.

Funny thing is the mostly picked doesn’t necessarily mean they are the strongest. Berserker and monks feel more powerful tho.

If you watch the stream carefully, you will see the mercenary rogue is pretty lackluster, he usually teleports into enemies, but dealing really low damage and got fire focused so he either died or be forced to use shadowing beyond to escape from battle.

Edited by dunehunter

Shadowing Beyond cost 3 Guile is a big nerf to assassins tho. Specially for multi class ones. They keep mention ppls like to make their main as assassin and devoted. Wonder if devoted gonna be nerfed next.

Funny thing is the mostly picked doesn’t necessarily mean they are the strongest. Berserker and monks feel more powerful tho.

If you watch the stream carefully, you will see the mercenary rogue is pretty lackluster, he usually teleports into enemies, but dealing really low damage and got fire focused so he either died or be forced to use shadowing beyond to escape from battle.

won't need to nerf devoted 'cause once it works as described, most folks will abandon it.

when working as described, the only devoted weapon choices which make much sense is the dual damage types such as greatswords, pollaxe and warhammers. the devoted's 20% accuracy penalty is gonna be significant prohibitive particular in light of the fact that most high-penetration weapons is piercing... with the exception of war bow and kinda the warhammer. face any foe who is high armour or immune to piercing makes many weapon choices terribad.  the dual-damage types is the only weapons which won't have the devoted feeling serious gimped... and depending 'pon changes to penetration, choose a poor/mediocre penetration weapon might be an equal bad option. 

soulbounds would be an obvious way to circumvent devoted penalties IF deadfire treated universal weapons as did poe.  such is not the case at the moment.  a soulbound dagger is still a dagger insofar as devoted penalty application is concerned, which is probable a good thing given devoted benefits.  

make so devoted has only a single proficiency with all other weapons incurring -20% accuracy is how the subclass is intended and described as functioning.  not need nerf.  only need fix devoted so is working as written/described and the vast majority o' devoted devoted will melt away like late-spring snow. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

As a massive control freak I will probably hardly use the AI, but it does look very cool for those who don't micromanage to the extent that I do.

But... but... if you set the AI, then you're still controlling your people. Just much more efficiently. And you can still manually tweak orders as needed.

I can see being a control freak meaning that you'd resist giving up control of your peeps to someone else's AI parameters. But, if you get to set them in-depth... :p

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

But... but... if you set the AI, then you're still controlling your people. Just much more efficiently. And you can still manually tweak orders as needed.

I can see being a control freak meaning that you'd resist giving up control of your peeps to someone else's AI parameters. But, if you get to set them in-depth... :p

Lephys, are you a control freak over others' control freakness? :p

it‘s encouraging to me that they‘re looking into invisibility. Hopefully, they won‘t tie themselves to the ‚but it could break the game‘-nerfing but rather give players cool counters to it. I‘d also love to see at least some protection spells being available for prebuff and counters to that.