Summoned weapons tooltip accuracy

AndreaColombo

Question

1. Start a new game.

2. Create a Druid character; pick the Great Sword proficiency so that you have regular Great Sword in your inventory upon starting.

3. At level up, make sure you select Firebrand as one of your 2nd-level spells.

4. Attack some random villager to enter combat.

5. Summon Firebrand.

6. Go to your inventory and right-click both Firebrand and the regular Great Sword to compare stats.

Observe that damage on Firebrand is listed as lower even though they are both of Fine quality:

SAurKPZ.png

As it seems, the tooltip for Firebrand's damage does not include the 15% bonus from being a Fine weapon; the regular Great Sword's does.

7. Spiritshift to your chosen form.

8. Go to your inventory and right-click your Spiritshift form's natural weapons.

9. Observe that once again the bonus damage from their Fine quality isn't taken into account.

This seems to be a UI issue with scaling weapons—they don't factor in the bonus damage from their quality level when computing their damage.

EDIT: Wanted to tag this as UI; I tagged it as graphics. Way to go.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

2 answers to this question

Kalakoth's Minor Blights benefit from the Ranger talent "Marksman":

P6M7ImW.png

However, that is not reflected in the Accuracy breakdown accessible from within the weapon's description:

insplPZ.png

This breakdown also fails to show the bonus Accuracy from scaling (as reported in the OP) and the extra +20 Accuracy bonus the Blights seem to get (visible in the other breakdown shown above.)

By the way, where's the +20 coming from? It doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Hey AndreaColombo!

Thanks for the bugs. Ill get these added to the list for a dev to investigate. I'm also not too sure where +20 is actually coming from, so hopefully I can get some insight on this when they take a look at it.

You the best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...