Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Single Class Druid] - Shifter Subclass

Druid Shape Shifter Shifting Subclass Claws Tank Melee

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

dunehunter

dunehunter

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2520 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
I think it might be a good idea to introduce more Druid spell that can only be casted under spiritual form, like the lvl 2 Spell Taste of hunt. And allow shifter to use these when shifted.

Like spells which mimic Barbarian blow or a slash lash version of FoD. A shifter can pick these spells instead of regular spells.

This might solve the problem that Shifter’s lack of choices when level up.

Edited by dunehunter, 08 January 2018 - 05:27 AM.

• theBalthazar likes this

DexGames

DexGames

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

That might be a Solution, yeah.

Though, if the Shifter really have to Focus on Non-Spellcasting, as it's currently presented now, [which, I like it that way personally], then it just needs

more Passive choices [at least], or Custom Actives.

Overall, I really think the Shifter, [this Subclass specifically], needs a Reworked Tree.

Aside from Spells, having 4 choices when every other classes have ~10+ Options is a problem.

My comparison with Tyranny's Kills-In-Shadows may sounds a bit like "too much", [& I agree], but still I'd really like the Shifter to have somekind of similitudes

with this Character. It'd make it truely unique & fun to play.

I mean everything is in its Name, it's a Shifter, not a "Nature Wizard"... Which is what a regular Druid is honestly.  :lol:

In the end, just "Revising" it, is all I'm concerned with.

I hope they'll take a look at it.

Edited by DexGames, 08 January 2018 - 05:41 PM.

DexGames

DexGames

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Quick Update :

https://twitter.com/...200943425306624

Edited by DexGames, 01 February 2018 - 04:06 PM.

DexGames

DexGames

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

So they added more Passives to the Shifter Subclass. That's good but :

• Who thought it'd be a good idea to add the passives that make the least sense possible ? I want names !  :p

Single Handed // Two Handed // Dual Wielding // More Sets of Weapons // Etc... Really ?

We're talking about Shifters  :facepalm:

You know :

• Bear & Cat's Claws // Boar's Tusks // Stagg's Horns // Wolf's Teeth... Which Category does these fits ?
  • None of these make sense given what's being used by a Shifter ! These Characters will be Shifted most of the time OR Cast Spells ! [Which, I already said, doesn't fit the theme]
  • None will ever use Weapons for god's sake. What are these passives even doing here ? Who will ever pick one of those passives ?

Give Shifters some Fighters / Monks usefull Passives already ! Or at least, anything that make little sense.

Disclaimer :

Let me mention it again.

• Access to 5 Forms isn't good.
  • Pick One // Two Form.
  • Make it a Modal, Toggle On/Off.
  • Evolve each Forms as you level up : Claws/Horns/Tusks/Etc // Penetration // Skin Armor Rating // Fighter's Recovery for Bear Form, for exemple // Etc... These kind of Passives, make more sense than what they currenlty have.
  • If I pick One starter form on Lvl 1, let me Expand the Numbar of forms I can pick as I Level Up. [Even though I wouldn't, I'd rather stick to one]
  • Get rid of that OP Healing between Form Switchings, for obvious reasons if you make Spiritshift a Modal Stance. That heal was already strong, now has a Passive Option that makes it even stronger.

EDIT : Typos.

Edited by DexGames, 31 March 2018 - 03:49 AM.

• theBalthazar likes this

theBalthazar

theBalthazar

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1152 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Yes new passives or not hyper inspired. Without annihilating balancing, there is an opportunity to create better passives abilities.

Edited by theBalthazar, 31 March 2018 - 03:34 AM.

• DexGames likes this

DexGames

DexGames

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

It all comes back to what has been said before :

I'm rather disappointed with the Shapeshifter. What I'd have preferred to see is the following:

• Spiritshift becomes a modal rather than a limited duration ability.
  • Spell casting is disabled whilst Spiritshifted.
  • You start with one Spiritshift form but can learn the others at the cost of an ability point.
  • Spiritshift is better than for non-Shapeshifter druids (bonus to power level perhaps?)
  • Ideally there should be some abilities and passives that improve Spiritshift, so that a Shapeshifter who focuses on it can choose them over spells.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Druid, Shape, Shifter, Shifting, Subclass, Claws, Tank, Melee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users