Gozreh card decks?

Achilles

Question

Possibly not a bug (not familiar with the regular card game, so maybe that's just how it is), however I find it very peculiar that the Favor of Gozreh is B deck card, whereas the Blessing of Gozreh is deck 4.

Compare with Nethys, where both unlock in deck 6.

Ostensibly, Favor > Blessing, so why the reversal?

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

6 answers to this question

Who knows, but the Favours are with some exceptions concentrated in the B deck, I think. Probably for the players to have a chance to encounter them more often when they were so lucky to pull them out from a chest. Favour of Nethys is much stronger than others, because it is also improved in its basic function (others have "only" the +1 blessing clause, whereas this allows you to scout deeper)... In my opinion, Nethys is (with Lamashtu and maybe Gozreh) one of the strongest blessings in this game.

right...but why is the blessing (weaker card) 4 decks “harder” than the superior favor (stronger card)?

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

right...but why is the blessing (weaker card) 4 decks “harder” than the superior favor (stronger card)?

Honestly there's no good reason for it, but the disconnects largely happen between the base campaign cards (the ones found in the physical edition), and the Treasure Cards that Obsidian created/added.  There are more than a handful of examples where treasure cards clearly out-class originals, and do so at a lower AD.

But regardless of where the original Blessing card may have been in the game, the majority of "super-blessings" fall along the spectrum of:

Favor (B), Bounty (1), Doctrine (1-3), Unity (3-4), Prayer (4-6)

It also depends on when a Treasure card was added to the game.  They were released in chunks across the first year of development.  There were some legit dry spells in the mobile rollout; specifically waiting on AD5/6.  As such, general patterns in treasure card distribution seem to favor the earlier half of the game.

I suppose it wasn't so much a big deal before when you had you had to crack open a bunch of chests to get fancy blessings, but now that a large portion of the player base got them through steam bundles, it may seem weird that cards are ordered the way they are.

• Like 1

Hmm. I wonder if that explains why there is "Mass Brilliance" but no "Brilliance".

Hmm. I wonder if that explains why there is "Mass Brilliance" but no "Brilliance".

Again, the same as Ethics Gradient said. Developer's choice in publishing brand-new material. The original tabletop Rise of the Runelords had three stat-boosting spells: Glibness, Speed and Strength. These translate to Eloquence, Agility and Strength (why the name-changes? Agility understandable, I think, but Glibness?). The developers could maybe add the remaining stat-boosting card (Toughness and Sagacity are in the game as uncommon treasure cards). So when they added Mass <something>, they added the whole lot of them at once :) as they are at the same level, but probably forgot Brilliance.

Edited by Jenceslav

Again, the same as Ethics Gradient said. Developer's choice in publishing brand-new material. The original tabletop Rise of the Runelords had three stat-boosting spells: Glibness, Speed and Strength. These translate to Eloquence, Agility and Strength (why the name-changes? Agility understandable, I think, but Glibness?). The developers could maybe add the remaining stat-boosting card (Toughness and Sagacity are in the game as uncommon treasure cards). So when they added Mass <something>, they added the whole lot of them at once :) as they are at the same level, but probably forgot Brilliance.

The name change is because in the paper game they want every copy of the same named card to act the same, and presumably that includes the digital game.