VGA 2017 Tonight!

SonicMage117

The Game Awards are being streamed tonight at 5:30pm PST.

A few of my friends are a bit angry with me because I saw the nominees and called the game awards out for being nonsense. Mario Odyssey is in virtually every catagory *Facepalm*.

At least the indie catagory seems fair though.

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I don't mind Super Mario Odyssey being in every category because I have it under good authority that it *is* that good (as with Breath of the Wild), but the rest of the choices are absolute bullcrap for certain. It seems like they only filled the ballots in with whatever fitted out of the top-selling games. I mean, Wolfenstein II for best narrative? Aloy for best performance? Destiny 2 for best ongoing game?! It was released this very year and *already* no one's playing it, ffs! These guys want to fashion themselves as some sort of video game Oscars (maybe? I don't know), but in order to even start thinking about it they've ought to start raising their standards considerably. They're not the Oscars right now, they're the MTV Movie Awards.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

You are right. They are nonsense :D

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

People care about this?

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

People care about this?

Well as long as I can get more Metro: Exodus footage out of it. Mind you I'll likely just watch the Youtube video that'll be uploaded shortly after it's revealed.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Award shows are terrible.  Period.  Full stop.

The VGAs are terrible even by award show standards.  The one thing that makes them bearable is the TB & Genna Snarkathon, assuming you find The Cynical Brit bearable to begin with.

• Like 2

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Aren't the VGAs different than the TGAs?

VGAs where always super corporate, the TGA's where supposed to try and improve upon things. Last year was the first year, and while a bit cringy at times, was not all that bad. Recognition of Kojima, acknowledgement of the actual developers that poured their hard work and talent into games. It got sappy because I think a lot of people were really invested in building a gaming academy so to speak.

I don't think the TGAs are that much of a sell out, they are also rather young. I think it's future remains to be seen.

My fingers are crossed that this year's show is sponsored by Doritos, Mountain Dew, Monster Energy Drink, or Taco Bell.  Preferably, all of the above.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

My fingers are crossed that this year's show is sponsored by Doritos, Mountain Dew, Monster Energy Drink, or Taco Bell.  Preferably, all of the above.

Better them than the publishers.

Dorito pope will save us from the machine.

• Like 1

Starting now:

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Both Cuphead and Breath Of The Wild winning all the awards was pretty cringey lol

There were so many games that were just as good if not etter but... oh well. It's how the world works.

It was okay. Mainly watched it for the reveals. I mean, I know the trailers get uploaded to YouTube right after but I feel special seeing them live.

Edited by SonicMage117