dunehunter

In the first stream:

- Goldpack Knight/Shifter

- Berserker/Transmuter

In the second one:

- Nalpazca/Priest of Magran

- Sharpshooter/Beckoner

- Soul Blade/Assassin

I have the feeling the devs really like the melee/caster hybrid builds.

Any thought/comments on the builds the devs build so far :)

Edited by dunehunter

The devs seem to be not that good at designing characters or teams that overcome the game mechanics.

Look at how often every attack is met with 'No Pen' messages. They are playing on a really low level of difficulty as I've never seen just one of the big mushrooms, its always two and a much bigger crowd when I'm at Veteran or PotD.

They should run a team dedicated to destroying quickly and efficiently.

• Berserker/Bleak Walker dual wielding daggers and switching to stillettos if penetration problem
  • Skald pure or multi with a mage slayer or whatever and use the AR debuff to drop armor by 5. Dual wielding daggers and stilllettos
  • Sharpshooter/Cipher dual wielding sceptres
  • Druid lifegiver nature godlike to heal everyone
  • Ogre/Corpse Eater for cool factor
  • or add in a mage caster to show how ineffective spells are compared to the others

A team like that will tear up everything it meets and highlight what probably needs to be tuned.

or add in a mage caster to show how ineffective spells are compared to the others

I saw they use the Nalpazca/Priest of Magran to cast a Flame of fan at a bunch of enemies but hit no one :DDD The miss is so bad without graze nod.

Edited by dunehunter

The devs seem to be not that good at designing characters or teams that overcome the game mechanics.

Look at how often every attack is met with 'No Pen' messages. They are playing on a really low level of difficulty as I've never seen just one of the big mushrooms, its always two and a much bigger crowd when I'm at Veteran or PotD.

They should run a team dedicated to destroying quickly and efficiently.

The point of these streams isn't to show off how clever they can be at manipulating the game's mechanics.  It's to give the audience a look at all the neat character concepts that the game is capable of supporting.  "I can maul people as a gold-covered man-bear" is a more important thing to communicate to the audience than "I can steamroll through all these encounters." 

• Like 7

The point of these streams isn't to show off how clever they can be at manipulating the game's mechanics. It's to give the audience a look at all the neat character concepts that the game is capable of supporting. "I can maul people as a gold-covered man-bear" is a more important thing to communicate to the audience than "I can steamroll through all these encounters."

Especially for the casual audience.

Not everyone who is going to play the game (or backed it) is posting here about decimal point differences in attack damage between stats. We're special.

• Like 2

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

as seems to be the increasing common case, Gromnir is looking at this opportunity a bit different than others posting. we would like obsidian to come up with intriguing builds/concepts for multiclasses which we do not have much interest in playing.  

"i hadn't thought of that."

get a new pov on multiclasses which intrigue us little.

wizard/chanter

wizard/priest

priest/cipher

druid/cipher

cipher/chanter

surprise us with nifty, and preferable non-melee combat, iterations o' the 'bove.  am well aware how with with op priestly spiritual weapons it is possible to make a wizard/priest build which does consistent high damage.  don't bother with such.  surprise us.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Evoker/Priest of Magran seems to be an OK caster build, but it is because now lash applies to all damage, the Spiritual Weapon +60% lash + Evoker special can make Flame of fan deal decent damage. But still suffers too long casting time issue.

Edited by dunehunter