Okay.

So. I've been playing Pillars 1 from the kickstarter and now doing the same with Pillars 2. I REALLY like what they've done with the game so far, pretty much every aspect is improved slightly, apart from one, starting with a full party.

Is this something for the beta only? (Just been playing, not really been focused on forums and discussion so might be a silly question). Honestly I do feel like as if this ruins the early game. There's so much input and new things to consider, I kinda wish it all happened slower, that meaning building your party member by member. I think I started playing the Beta 5-6 times just to give up 40-60 minutes into the game because of this.

So, is this just something during the beta or will it be implemented in the release?

i expect that some companions will be with you from the start... specifically Edor, Aloth and Pallegina who might well have traveled with you on the boat having accompanied you since PoE1...

Edited by Valci

i expect that some companions will be with you from the start... specifically Edor, Aloth and Pallegina who might well have traveled with you on the boat having accompanied you since PoE1...

I am pretty sure Pallegina will be met in different circumstances depending on PoE ending - she will be in Deadfire on Valian business or as a Kind Wayfarer. Aloth will be drawn to events of Deadfire by Leaden Key business. Eder is very likely to travel with you. All of that is my interpretation based an what was pitched (mostly based on statements of why they choose those three returning companions.) so I might be very much wrong.

• Like 1

Which one is most likely to spend the sea voyage retching over the side, I wonder? My guess is Aloth.

My bet is on Eder. Aloth's from Aedyr and he traveled by sea a good deal from what I remember, so he'd likely be the one watching Eder and making sure he doesn't follow his dinner overboard.

Most probably you won't start with any companion; you just meet Eder, Pallegina and Aloth before you depart for Deadfire. I assume there's gonna be a small introduction chapter before you get there - they won't just drop us in Deadfire after the cinematic intro.

Oh, I would like that. I had assumed that we would start there, but it does make more sense having something between that shows how we got there, even if it's very short.