Two Weapon Style with 1h ranged + melee weapon

Valkohukka

I noticed that having 1h ranged + melee weapon equipped at the same time makes melee auto attacks behave as if it was dual wielding two melee weapons. Is this working as intended? Couldn't test it with a special attack because i just started playing and my characters do not have such an attack yet. It just feels a bit funny that having a ranged weapon in off hand makes the character hit faster with his main hand than a character that would have just a single melee weapon equipped. Also this results in autoattacks being possibly better than they would be with 2 melee weapons, because having 1 powerful and 1 weaker melee weapon equipped at the same time causes the character to use damage stats from both weapons, whereas with just a melee + pistol he always attacks with the stats of his single melee weapon. For example I could just hit every time with a single powerful unique weapon, whereas normally dual wielding 2 melee weapons my autoattacks would use the unique only every second autoattack.

Holding a pistol in your off hand should NOT make you attack faster with your main melee weapon. That needs to be fixed before release. If they are going to allow characters to wield sword and pistol at the same time then either treat it as a single weapon attack OR make the pistol have a melee attack value as well, like a light club or something of that nature.

Personally I would prefer the system to treat the melee attack as a single weapon style attack.

• Like 1

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.