I really wish there was a non-shifting Druid kit

I'd like to see that too, but I doubt it'll happen. Spiritshifting is the Druid's unique mechanic, and (almost?) all of their passive abilities are related to it.

I'd also have preferred it if the Shape Shifter subclass had a modal version of Spiritshift which, while active, disabled spellcasting (or perhaps disabled most spells): for those who really like the shape shifting aspect but dislike its limited duration.

• Like 1

No. Livegiver gains +5 power level for Rejuvenation spells while shifted and suffers -5 Power Level once the shift ends.

You really want to shift as a Livegiver.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

the caster class inclusion in poe were troubled from the start.  caster class spells were gonna be per-encounter, until board erupted with collected nerd rage demanding vancian casting. obsidian caved. in addition, the caster classes themselves were offering the least unique gameplay o' the 11 poe classes as what most differentiated 'em were simple the spell catalogs made available to the casters at level-up.  sure, obsidian tried to make the classes unique by doing grimoire stuff for the wizards and shifting for the druids, but genuine gameplay differences 'tween the caster classes were limited.

we wouldn't mind a less shifter driven subclass. rangers got a sans-companion subclass after all. however, shifting is the unique gameplay aspect druids bring to the table and casters is already offering limited uniqueness o' gameplay.  am thus not surprised the subclasses focus on shifting... and is not as if one need take a subclass anyways.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Perhaps with an extension like White March

New class, new subclasses etc.

Very unlikely. Most people who do play the expansion will want to do so with their existing characters, and are not likely to be happy to see new options they can't take. Extra classes and subclasses are great for the sort of people who discuss the game on these forums, but we are very much the minority of players.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, at first I thought Fury druids just had a flat power bonus with elemental spells (and a blight form for flavor), then I realized the power bonus only works when the druid is in "water blob" form, which, I must say, is not very appealing..

I think they do have a flat bonus with elemental spells. Their Blight form instead gives them a few extra abilities (a lightning based auto attack that jumps targets, a blink ability and a single target lightning nuke).

Very unlikely. Most people who do play the expansion will want to do so with their existing characters, and are not likely to be happy to see new options they can't take. Extra classes and subclasses are great for the sort of people who discuss the game on these forums, but we are very much the minority of players.

Well, Throne of Bhaal added the Wild Mage to BG2.

But generally, it makes more sense to use your expansions to make content many players will experience rather than add more niche content.

Edited by PugPug

Yeah, at first I thought Fury druids just had a flat power bonus with elemental spells (and a blight form for flavor), then I realized the power bonus only works when the druid is in "water blob" form, which, I must say, is not very appealing..

I think they do have a flat bonus with elemental spells. Their Blight form instead gives them a few extra abilities (a lightning based auto attack that jumps targets, a blink ability and a single target lightning nuke).

That is certainly much better! Though i'm not yet sold on the whole water blob thingy, it is nice to know the spell bonus is less restrictive. Thank you.

Well, Throne of Bhaal added the Wild Mage to BG2.

But generally, it makes more sense to use your expansions to make content many players will experience rather than add more niche content.

funny story, but wild mage were a one-developer crusade.  the zots (zots were bioware nomenclature for fungible man-hours... though tob were pre zots, so...) for wild-mage were not part o' the tob development plan.  even so, one developer, using personal time, created the wild mage.  were similar to dave using personal time to eventual create and release the ascension mod.  more than a few bio developers were having certain unfulfilled expectations 'bout working on a bg3, or they felt bad 'bout cuts required to get bg2 out the door.  many o' the bio developers were also a bit younger at the time and perhaps idealism were part o' the equation.  regardless, tob were not a sequel but it weren't an ordinary expansion either. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

That is certainly much better! Though i'm not yet sold on the whole water blob thingy, it is nice to know the spell bonus is less restrictive. Thank you.

Fury druids don't look like spherical blobs during spiritshift. They have a pleasant to the eye semi-transparent/celestial/anthropomorphized form. With zero recovery penalty.

Fury druids don't look like spherical blobs during spiritshift. They have a pleasant to the eye semi-transparent/celestial/anthropomorphized form. With zero recovery penalty.

I still suspect that, a bit like Citzal's Lance, they're model isn't complete but is rather just the VFX of the final model. Might be wrong of course.

Hm that is unacepptable i want to keep my initial spirit shift not lose it for the Blight/aka Elemental form plus just lightning that is a big NO GO i want Water&Fire and Earth as well !

On the topic of spirit shifts do they look diffrent are their bonuses changed ?

(do they  scale with level now ? they really should have from the start like the fire god likes one did in poe 1)

This is a bit of topic but did the god like abilities change ? Still no helmets ?

I found some of them to be quite lacking i am looking at you nature god like !

What about fighting styles ? Is one handed style finally a great choice ?

@MaxQuest could you post a screenshot of the druid blight form ? I am curious :)

@MaxQuest could you post a screenshot of the druid blight form ? I am curious :)

There you go:

6m4L3Tr.png

And: full screenshot

Btw seems that there is only male form atm.

And still don't quite understand why claws are two-handed

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

There you go:

6m4L3Tr.png

And: full screenshot

Btw seems that there is only male form atm.

And still don't quite understand why claws are two-handed

That looks pretty cool, actually.

Now just wrap it up in bandages.

2b5b58a6621388242ae74cb616201041.jpg

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 2