[Suggestion] Save adventurer builds

Boeroer

Hi,

just reposting this here so that it gets the attention it deserves in this backer beta feedback/discussion forum:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/94988-suggestion-save-adventurer-builds/?do=findComment&comment=1960067

Gromnir made the great suggestion that we should be able to save adventurer-builds/profiles (preferably with a portrait and a name) so that you can pick them up in another playthrough.

I think this would be a great thing to have. It not only makes it easier and more convenient to hire an adventuerer (without the need to level him up to level X every time) but it also would make the process feel more "real": having adventurers with names and faces and maybe a history, sitting in the inn, waiting for work instead of those faceless Jon Does all the time.

• Like 3

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Good idea. I support it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Superawesome, thanks!

I mean it should be easy. If you save a lvl 3 adventurer he gets unlocked once your main char hit lvl 4. If you save a lvl 16 adventurer he gets unlocked once you hit lvl 17 and so on. Usually players pick up their adventurers early in the game anyways.

I think this would be easiest.

A great, great feature would be if you could save a max level adventurer with name, portrait, backstory and share it. And his level-up decisions would also be saved (basically like auto-leveling for official companions or the beta mercs) you can pick him up at lvl 2, 3, 15 - doesn't matter. If you enable auto-leveling he will get leveled like the build describes, if not you can level him yourself.

But version 1 would also be fine. :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

In NWN1, you always knew you had your roster of all the characters you ever made as .bic-files. Very easy to move around and use each character at your leisure. This would make Deadfire an even better CRPG, that's for sure.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***