The Great Game Giveaway: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Edition

ShadySands

Hmm I always thought that CDPR is daughter of CDP, not only it's own division... anyway, this still not answers the riddle, why anyone except Volo, would not want to give money to CDP :o

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

CDPR did a reverse takeover of CDP a few years ago- IIRC it was part of a shortcut scheme to get onto the Polish sharemarket by taking over a 3rd company which was already listed there, then changing its name. So CDPR now owns CDP, and GOG. Previously CDP owned CDPR and GOG.

• Like 3

I dislike CD Project RED and want them to go out of business, so naturally supporting them with my dollars would be, ahem, kind of awkward.

What did they do to you?

Retconned the Shani romance, is my guess.

• Like 1

good deal! let me get my card... oh, 50 USD...

I understand that Obsidian needs to pay salaries and stuff, but that's 1/8th of my month's worth of work, can't justify spending that much on a game :( that's why I'd rather trade for it

EDIT: for reference, it's 22 USD on GOG for me, because for some bizarre reason they use Russian prices in this part of the world, which is a significant difference. that much I don't mind paying, but I won't out of principle

Edited by sorophx
  • Like 1
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

everything?

well, aside from trying to "preserve" games by making tons of money, of course. as if that scene wasn't already doing great on its own.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

everything?

well, aside from trying to "preserve" games by making tons of money, of course. as if that scene wasn't already doing great on its own.

Wait, so they make old stuff readily available in a legal and reliable manner without having to seek out a niche community and screw with workarounds all the time? What a crime! :lol:

• Like 4

I didn't intend to hijack this thread, so I'll stop discussing CDPR and GoG with this post. I won't answer any more questions here to keep us from derailing the thread any more

• Like 3
Walsingham said:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I understand that Obsidian needs to pay salaries and stuff, but that's 1/8th of my month's worth of work, can't justify spending that much on a game :( that's why I'd rather trade for it

EDIT: for reference, it's 22 USD on GOG for me, because for some bizarre reason they use Russian prices in this part of the world, which is a significant difference. that much I don't mind paying, but I won't out of principle

1/8th of your month? Damn bro, what do you work in?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

1/8th of your month? Damn bro, what do you work in?

He's from Eastern Europe, probably somewhere in the former USSR, given that he complains about Russian prices. Portugal used to get lots of immigration from the region, before the crisis. The take away is that there are some former Soviet Republics where things are so bad, even moving to a place like Portugal would be considered a step up.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Pre-crisis gas station salary in Greece was 360euros/month. A friend had a job offer at an architectural firm for 300 a month and she had to provide the laptop and software to work with.

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Same in Serbia. 

Living costs are not actually smaller. By a degree, yes, but not proportionally to income. 

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

minimal wage in CZ is around 600$ I guess its worse more you go east... and East Europe will probably not be that bad compared to some parts of Asia, South America or Africa...

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Whats an average 1 bedroom apartment cost per month?

depends on location, you can get somewhere as low as 250$ somewhere in countryside, around 500$ in city. Also depends if you count in energies, waste, water etc...

• Like 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"