Rest benefits that last for more than one rest?

Some inns and resting at Caed Nua are supposed to provide their benefits for more than one rest but I almost never see this actually occur?

Instead almost universally the benefits only last a single rest - on the very few occasions I have seen one last more than one rest - it has been when resting in the wild altho I think it may have also worked for me when I rested at an inn and chose the option that offered no benefit.

This led me to wonder if resting anywhere that offered its own benefit pack would automatically cancel and then replace the existing one with it's own?

So are there rules that determine how this works or is the function just bugged? 

Nomadic Wayfarer of the Obsidian Order

Not all those that wander are lost...

They should stay for as many rests as it says in their description (which can be found by mousing over the icons next to the character portraits). They will not stack with other inn bonuses (camping bonuses are separate) so resting in a room that gives a different bonus will override the current rest benefit.

Huh!  I kind of thought another inn rest would cancel them altho I thought maybe resting in the common room (no benefits offered) would only remove one rests. I will have to keep better track and see if they are working as designed for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I've noticed that if I do a lot of travelling in between rests, a night of rest will disappear.  For example, if you travelled for more than 18 hours before resting, a 3 night rest benefit may turn into a 2.

Hmmm... perhaps that has had some effect on my inability to figure out how to get the full measure when it's supposed to be more than 1.  :ermm:

I've noticed that if I do a lot of travelling in between rests, a night of rest will disappear.  For example, if you travelled for more than 18 hours before resting, a 3 night rest benefit may turn into a 2.

Hmmm... perhaps that has had some effect on my inability to figure out how to get the full measure when it's supposed to be more than 1.  :ermm:

Yeah I'll get to a place after travelling a long time and at the destination sometimes all of their portraits start turning red indicating lack of endurance, in spite of the portraits showing symbols for a camp and an Inn rest.