Hey guys. I’m playing on POD difficulty. My main char is a Paladin tank. I want to use companions that are from the world, not the ones you make yourself.

My party is as follows:

Myself (Paladin) tank

Aloth

Durance

Sagani

Grieving Mother

Hiravias

I’m currently level 8, but now I have access to quite a lot of different gear in Defiance Bay I’m wondering what gear I should be after.

What gear, weapons, accessory, armour etc should I be using on each char? As I don’t know what are the priority stats on each char :/

If anyone can do an easy build guide for each of my party, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Aloth:

basically this: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83681-class-build-zeblastian-hurtstacker-autoattacking-double-trouble-dps-wizard/

Durance:

basically this: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86277-class-build-fire-priest-ranged-sup-offdps/?hl=+fire%20+priest

Sagani:

grab Persistence and enchant it as high as you can and also slab on durgan steel. Use Weapon Focus Peasant, Marksman, Twinned Arrows, Stalker's Link and Stunning Shots and Give the fox Predator's Sense, Resilient, Vicious and Merciless Companion and Takedown + Brutal Takedown. Focus on casters. Wounding from Persistence will trigger Predator's Sense all the time, plus Persistence is the best ranged dps weapon against single targets. Cloak of the Frozen Hunt, Gauntlets of Swift Action or Accuracy.

Grieving Mother: Forgemaster's Gloves and Belt of the Royal Deadfire Cannoneer (6 Firebrand uses per rest), Scion of Flame, Veteran's Recovery, Two Handed Style, Apprentice's Sneak, Maegfolc Skull or some other +3 MIG item. Jack of Wide Waters. Glanfathan Stalking Boots. Skill survial to 14 (is it poissible with GM? Forgot...) an pick bonus damage against flanked enemies. Use Phantom Foes to trigger flanking bonus all the time and use Mental Binding to paralyze an opponent and crit with Firebrand...

Hiravias: Veteran's Recovery, Survival 8 or 14 (pick healing bonus), Two Weapon Style, WF Peasant, Wildstrike Shock, Greater Wildstrike Shock, Fast Runner, Heart of the Storm, Wildstrike Belt, Sanguine Plate, Shod-in-Faith boots, Black Sanctuary Shield. Cast Natiure's Balm and Nature's Whatever (later Moonwell) and Form of the Delemgan, Relentless Storm and then Avenging Storm run into melee. When receiving a crit -> spiritshift (if you don't want to wait for a crit just shift right away). 

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Aloth:

basically this: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/83681-class-build-zeblastian-hurtstacker-autoattacking-double-trouble-dps-wizard/

Durance:

basically this: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/86277-class-build-fire-priest-ranged-sup-offdps/?hl=+fire%20+priest

Sagani:

grab Persistence and enchant it as high as you can and also slab on durgan steel. Use Weapon Focus Peasant, Marksman, Twinned Arrows, Stalker's Link and Stunning Shots and Give the fox Predator's Sense, Resilient, Vicious and Merciless Companion and Takedown + Brutal Takedown. Focus on casters. Wounding from Persistence will trigger Predator's Sense all the time, plus Persistence is the best ranged dps weapon against single targets. Cloak of the Frozen Hunt, Gauntlets of Swift Action or Accuracy.

Grieving Mother: Forgemaster's Gloves and Belt of the Royal Deadfire Cannoneer (6 Firebrand uses per rest), Scion of Flame, Veteran's Recovery, Two Handed Style, Apprentice's Sneak, Maegfolc Skull or some other +3 MIG item. Jack of Wide Waters. Glanfathan Stalking Boots. Skill survial to 14 (is it poissible with GM? Forgot...) an pick bonus damage against flanked enemies. Use Phantom Foes to trigger flanking bonus all the time and use Mental Binding to paralyze an opponent and crit with Firebrand...

Hiravias: Veteran's Recovery, Survival 8 or 14 (pick healing bonus), Two Weapon Style, WF Peasant, Wildstrike Shock, Greater Wildstrike Shock, Fast Runner, Heart of the Storm, Wildstrike Belt, Sanguine Plate, Shod-in-Faith boots, Black Sanctuary Shield. Cast Natiure's Balm and Nature's Whatever (later Moonwell) and Form of the Delemgan, Relentless Storm and then Avenging Storm run into melee. When receiving a crit -> spiritshift (if you don't want to wait for a crit just shift right away). 

I was thinking of using a similar team, but with eder as a tank instead, can you recommend a good tank build for him?

Why Sanguine Plate for Hiravias? Why no simple clothing or something with minimal recovery penalty? DEX is not high and cast recovery will be too long with plate. I understand your point - get crit, activate Frenzy and then spiritshift and go to melee. But what if Frenzy had't triggered?

With exeptional small shield and hatchet you get a + 21 Deflection bonus. With new pirate outfits it will be + 41. So lvl 8 druid (Hiravias exactly) might have 82 Deflection without buffs or RES bonus. More than enough for first line tank, fast casts, without wasting time for long recovery.

Because you can stand in the frontline and move over the battlefield without getting knocked out while trying to reach your priority target. And the plate gives you +2 survival which lets you reach 14 survival. Plate penalty while casting was never a problem for me. It only affects recovery and not casting time. The main reason for the plate is Frenzy though. If you run around a bit to reach enemies like casters and such you most likely will catch a disengagement crit - then you can shift.

Of course you could also use Jack of Wide Waters and cast faster. Or even use Angio's Gambeson and activate Alacrity 1/rest for a massive speed boost in an tough encounter. 

I just remember that Consecrated Ground from Shod-in-Faith stops once you shift (rel. new nerf). So you can choose something else that triggers on crit instead - like Greenstained  Boots for example.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Ok, i got your point. I have played with druid as MC and usually prefer quickly cast two Storm spells + Delemgan form and then spiritshift. Well, let's call it my personal preferences :)

Thanks for the tips guys. Some of the gear you have suggested is late game or in the expansion. So, for what now with the party I have, what are the stats I should be looking for in gear along the way. Thanks in advance.