To maximize HoF you'll also need Vulnerable Attack, One Stands Alone, Merciless Hand & Dungeon Delver, Gauntlets of Puissant Melee or Gauntlets of Accuracy, maxed MIG and maxed INT. And Dragon Leap is also very helpful in order to reach the center of the throng. It's difficult to position yourself perfectly without the leap. An alternative would be the Cape of the Cheat that gives you Escape 1/encouter. 

Oh, and always target the strongest/most healthy enemy with HoF. Because if the initial target gets killed by your first swipe then the second swipe will not be executed - and that's a bummer.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

i have a question about summoned weapons. Do summoned weapons scale with lvls or are they always the same? Say that lvl 1 wizard spell for the staff, is it equally strong at lvl 1 as at is on lvl 10?

Always the same.

A weapon has a base damage and enchantment.

Your stats is what make it scale better on levelup, especially the 3 acc you get EVERY level.

Yeah i am giving up on this playthrough, i didnt even make it to heart of fury. I'm at lvl 10 and cant defeat the Adragans guarding the stairway to the Skydragon, they insta-petrify me at the start of battle for 20sec every time. I cant even get a scroll off. 

Way too early. You should be max lvl before doing that. There are plenty of other encounters you can do and level up before going after high level andragans.

You should always pop out some summons when going after andragans. It's very important to not catch a petrify from them because it lasts for ages.

• Like 1

Way too early. You should be max lvl before doing that. There are plenty of other encounters you can do and level up before going after high level andragans.

You should always pop out some summons when going after andragans. It's very important to not catch a petrify from them because it lasts for ages.

I did pop a figurine, it didnt help me tho. Too early really? i wanted to go up there and get the hammer =(

I have started a new playthrough using ur Melee ranger build i found it looks super interesting! 

It is quite nice and fun to play - but I never tried it solo.

I guess the defenses are too bad for solo. One could easily adapt with some other talents though. I would also switch from Tidefall to Drawn in Spring + shield at some point I guess.

It is quite nice and fun to play - but I never tried it solo.

I guess the defenses are too bad for solo. One could easily adapt with some other talents though. I would also switch from Tidefall to Drawn in Spring + shield at some point I guess.

It does not have to be solo for me, i have yet to finish the whole game. I like to play solo through ACT1 tho and might pick up a smaller party somewhere in ACT2. Might try and turn Hiravanas into a tank :). His CCs alone would make everything a lot easier.

Sup guys!

I've finally decided to give this game a go since I'm a big fan of the Baldur's Gate saga. Did all of them several times with different combos and stuff. I knew all the traps by heart at some point.

That being said, I've toyed with a Monk and a paladin up until radric's Castle and I'm not really happy with those 2 class so far.

I was a big fan of dual-wield barb back in Baldur's Gate so that's what I'll go for. I've read all the replies in this thread and already learned a big deal.

A few points I would like to understand better though if anyone wants to help a fellow old-school RPG-er:

- How fun would you rate barbs in this game? Fun being subjective but I'm curious ;)

- Still not sure about 2H vs DW. Is there a clear winner? Dual barbs were beasts in Baldur's Gate

- Is it possible to solo 100% of the game with a barb?

- Why would INT be important for barbs? That sounds weird to me :/

- On a more general note, apparently, the time of the month is and important factor regarding the loot table of chests? The ring of searing flames in Radric's castle being a good example. Is it this way for the whole game? I really like to explore and do 100% of every map but if it hinders my chances of getting nice loot that I won't be able to get anywhere else, that's pretty dumb if you ask me :/

I plan on doing my first playthrough in Story Mode, well for the story and know the game better before going on a more "hardcore" playthough. For now, the barb is the class that seems to fit me the most.

Many thanks!

Edited by solidbry

- How fun would you rate barbs in this game? Fun being subjective but I'm curious ;)

That really depends on what sort of character you like playing. If you're hoping for the typical tough barbarian experience then the early game will likely disappoint you. Barbarians start with the highest health/endurance pools of any character but their defences are lower than most frontliners and early on this makes you surprisingly squishy. As the game progresses you become less so.

That said they've got perhaps the most interesting class defining ability in the form of Carnage, and Heart of Fury (one of their highest level abilities) is possibly the strongest single attack in the game when used right.

- Still not sure about 2H vs DW. Is there a clear winner? Dual barbs were beasts in Baldur's Gate

Before you get Heart of Fury it's a bit of a toss up. After Heart of Fury dual wielding beats a two-hander by miles.

- Is it possible to solo 100% of the game with a barb?

Short answer is yes.

Longer answer is that it depends on difficulty and settings. Soloing the game on Story Mode isn't going to pose much of a challenge for any class. Soloing it on Paths of the Damned with Expert mode and Challenge of Iron is (probably) possible but likely very frustrating.

- Why would INT be important for barbs? That sounds weird to me :/

The Barbarian's unique ability, Carnage, adds an AoE component to their attack and Intellect increases the area that it hits, so high Intellect Barbarians hit more enemies with their attacks than lower Intellect Barbarians.

- On a more general note, apparently, the time of the month is and important factor regarding the loot table of chests? The ring of searing flames in Radric's castle being a good example. Is it this way for the whole game? I really like to explore and do 100% of every map but if it hinders my chances of getting nice loot that I won't be able to get anywhere else, that's pretty dumb if you ask me :/

This only applies to some loot. Most important loot is fixed drops.

I agree that it's a dumb system. Obsidian should either have made it genuinely random or not had random loot rather than having a system that can be gamed but in a tiresome way.

I plan on doing my first playthrough in Story Mode, well for the story and know the game better before going on a more "hardcore" playthough. For now, the barb is the class that seems to fit me the most.

Don't play on Story Mode. My first playthrough was on Medium and I found it got too easy by the start of Act II. Even Hard isn't particularly Hard, but that's where I'd suggest starting if you're a Baldur's Gate veteran.

Edited by JerekKruger

Yeah i am giving up on this one, im stuck at lvl 10 with no progress. I'm 10 and i cant even kill the first few bountys. I just tried The Dweller like 5 times in a row so now i am super frustrated, meanwhile my solo wizard killed the Dweller on lvl 7.... lvl 7!! 

I've tried with a high DPS dual weild barb with on crit effect gear and ive tried a tanky barb with Scwath Gannek shield with 90+ deflection. None work because dmg output is not high enough to outlive them on neither build.

Now i wonder if Riposte rogue would do better, because i get sick of all the resting with the casters.

Edited by Dorftek

A sword and shield wizard. For that bounty fight on lvl 7 tho i had to use munacra acra for distractions and the summoned blight weapon because i didnt have enough spells to kill them all. But multiple chillfogs + open wounds is really OP before u get really hard hitting stuff.