Suggestion: Save Adventurer Builds

am not sure 'bout other folks, but am spending much time creating custom parties.  the thing is, we do frequent replicate previously generated builds.  is a vanilla priest and a vanilla wizard we have utilized in better than 1/2 parties we created.  is a skald (no multi-class) which gets use in 'bout 33% of custom parties.  etc.

am not certain how tough it would be for obsidian to add, but would be convenient if we could save at least a limited number o' adventurer profiles so we would not need recreate each hireling from scratch.  might seem like a little thing... well, it is a little thing.  even so...

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 12

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I've noticed that I tend to have more complex personalities and histories thought up in my head for my custom adventurers than the Watcher character. So I too been asking if it would be possible to import said adventurers from PoE1 to Deadfire and maybe save them as templates for roleplay reasons.

am not sure 'bout other folks, but am spending much time creating custom parties. the thing is, we do frequent replicate previously generated builds. is a vanilla priest and a vanilla wizard we have utilized in better than 1/2 parties we created. is a skald (no multi-class) which gets use in 'bout 33% of custom parties. etc.

am not certain how tough it would be for obsidian to add, but would be convenient if we could save at least a limited number o' adventurer profiles so we would not need recreate each hireling from scratch. might seem like a little thing... well, it is a little thing. even so...

HA! Good Fun!

Great suggestion Gromnir! I totally forgot about that feature. How could I?

This would really be a very useful addition to the game. Let's beat the big drum for this!

Maybe also put it into the backer beta feedback/discussion?

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

would be convenient if we could save at least a limited number o' adventurer profiles so we would not need recreate each hireling from scratch.  might seem like a little thing... well, it is a little thing.  even so...

HA! Good Fun!

The more I think about it, the more I'm sure it's a pretty big thing, as a matter of fact.

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

am not sure 'bout other folks, but am spending much time creating custom parties. the thing is, we do frequent replicate previously generated builds. is a vanilla priest and a vanilla wizard we have utilized in better than 1/2 parties we created. is a skald (no multi-class) which gets use in 'bout 33% of custom parties. etc.

am not certain how tough it would be for obsidian to add, but would be convenient if we could save at least a limited number o' adventurer profiles so we would not need recreate each hireling from scratch. might seem like a little thing... well, it is a little thing. even so...

HA! Good Fun!

Great suggestion Gromnir! I totally forgot about that feature. How could I?

This would really be a very useful addition to the game. Let's beat the big drum for this!

Maybe also put it into the backer beta feedback/discussion?

feel free to repost or alter as you see fit.  Gromnir has no sense o' proprietorship regarding ideas which might improve the game.  a better game is all we want.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)