Bugs - Mirrorered Image, Saved Games, Custom Formation

TygerxEyes

Question

Greetings,

I am not sure whether what I am reporting is as much a bug or not fully developed; however, I have noticed a few problems that seem recurrent in my experience:

1. Mirrored Image (see first attached image)​ - you will noticed in the attached image that their are ghost-like, headless male bodies - one just above the pool and the other just through the door to the room below the hallway - these ghost images have just started to appear as the result of my female elven mage casting the spell "Mirrored Image" and persist. It appears that they are linked with the one pet I have - Desert Wurm Hatchling (though maybe all pets). Reasons for suspecting: (a) before I found the dragon and 'equipped' it no problems; (b) after the headless ghost body appears the dragon's position is bound to it rather than my character; and © after reloading the game the next day, the headless ghost bodies are gone, but there are two dragons in those locations... plus, despite it being equipped, there is no dragon flying around my character... unless I remove and reequip the dragon then a third dragon appears flying around me.
  2. Saved Games (see first attached image) - when I save games, I can type the name of a new game into the save, but it just uses the default game name and not what I typed into the spot... ​moreover​, the games are not ordered by date and time, and do not seem to be ordered by name either... they are in a hodge-podge... well, that's what it seems to me, because, at first, I thought the game was no saving my games anymore, then I noticed they are in the list - just all over. In the attached file, I pulled these from fairly far down in the save list.
  3. Custom Formations - while they can be created and will be retained by the game while I play, they are not retained within the save file as I must recreate them every time I reload the game whether quick save/quick reload within a game session or hitting "Continue" or just loading from the game menu after exiting the current session to main menu or returning after quitting the game.

I hope this is helpful

post-186839-0-86097100-1512271766_thumb.jpg

post-186839-0-10430400-1512273105_thumb.jpg

`Tyger~ :cat:

Of course, in the zany world of Pets in Pillars, what I would not likely do is... stuff one pet (much less all of them) in the airless hole of my stash... squished in between armor, blades, potions, and food (lol) - with one of two likely results: "Ew, Steve the Spider got squished between the +2 Shield and +3 Barbed Plate! " or " DARN IT! FIDO! Did you eat all the jerky AGAIN! It's dog-bone soup, tonight! "

6 answers to this question

Saved Games (see first attached image) - when I save games, I can type the name of a new game into the save, but it just uses the default game name and not what I typed into the spot... ​moreover​, the games are not ordered by date and time, and do not seem to be ordered by name either... they are in a hodge-podge... well, that's what it seems to me, because, at first, I thought the game was no saving my games anymore, then I noticed they are in the list - just all over. In the attached file, I pulled these from fairly far down in the save list.

I was going to report this but Im glad someone else has this problem too

With a Phaser or a Lightsaber it doesnt matter to me

Here's my own Mirrored Images problem. I'm playing a Battlemage (Fighter(Unbroken)/Wizard(Illusionist). When my character is attacked in battle, it sets off the Reflexive Mirror ability, which casts the Mirrored Images spell. Unfortunately, as the battle continues, more and more images keep accumulating, especially of the Desert Wurm Hatchling I have equipped, and then they stay after the fight, as seen in the image. It happens every fight now. 

post-176858-0-14259600-1512861234_thumb.jpg

I tried my best with the relevant files but I'm not technically sophisticated enough to include them all. Hope what I supplied is helpful

DxDiag.txt

output_log_txt.zip

Saved Game.zip

Hey all!

What an odd bug with Mirror and the pets! We have all the other issues currently bugged with Saved Games and Formations, but I've input a bug depicting the Pet Duplication. Is there any way you can provide another save? The one provided does not seem to work for me.

Thanks!

You the best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

On the issue of save files, I no longer have an option to "continue" or "load".  I checked around, found the save file location and the files are there but the game does not see them.  The path is :

C:\Users\(Username)\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity 2

I confirmed this location by creating a new save and the files are there for the new save (and the old ones) and I have the option to load and/or continue but only for the new character.  Is there a file list/database that needs to be reset for the old save files to be seen by the game?  Is there any way to fix this?  

Edited by CapVice