Please reduce the amount of loot

Hello, just a quick suggestion. It is really tiresome to plow through dozens of items in your stash. A longer run through a couple of lower tier enemies could result in having 30 wooden clubs, 15 leather helmets etc.

Selling these is just busy work. It would be nice if enemies dropped either only good weapons/armor (as in not common) or usables, since the latter can actually be helpful and not just things for sale. Cheers.

• Like 1

You don't have to pick it up if you can't be bothered to sell it. That solution may be better than denying all other players that loot.

Well would you really miss it if they were to reduce the amount of it? Would you not prefer to have smaller quantities of better stuff (or thing you would actually use)?

I believe Josh mentioned those items are to be dropped as semi random drop (so dead xuaurip has a chance to drop a spear, or shield). Whenever it is still the thing, we don’t know, but stacking thing is in. So instead of 20 spears you will have a stack of 20 spears.

• Like 7

You don't have to pick it up if you can't be bothered to sell it. That solution may be better than denying all other players that loot.

I'm annoyed by the glowing nature of the loot lying on the ground.

• Like 5

It would be of small avail to talk of magic in the air...

Nope. I want to find a xaurip spear on a dead xaurip who attacked me with a spear when he was still alive.

Alright, but following that logic you should be able to loot clothes he wore and other miscellaneous items he undoubtedly had on his person. Not every creature needs to drop loot, gathering it is pretty much busy work (and as mentioned above, ignoring it can be difficult, especially if it clutters the whole room).

• Like 1

I don't think they need less loot; they need better ways of presenting it in the stash so the junk can be disposed of more rapidly at a store. For example, collections (stacks) of like items represented by single images.

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I don't think they need less loot; they need better ways of presenting it in the stash so the junk can be disposed of more rapidly at a store. For example, collections (stacks) of like items represented by single images.

Everything identical within the stash should stack. Armor, Weapons, shields, rings, necklaces, etc. For instance, if you have two Steel Short Swords neither of which have any enchantments. Well, they should be a stack of 2.

While in the personal inventory of the PC or companions only smaller stuff should stack. Scrolls, potions, traps, ingredients, etc.

That would be fine for me.

PS. They should also stack in any special storage that we possibly may have on our ship.

• Like 3

Enemies should drop whatever they were equipped with when you kill them. You shouldn't need to have your suspension of disbelief tested by an enemy who was wearing plate mail and swinging a greatsword dropping just a hunk of cheese or a ruby or whatever a random loot system assigns to them. Random loot as well as what was equipped is fair enough, but items that you could see an enemy using seemingly disappearing is immersion breaking. If you find the stuff to be a hassle just leave it lying on the ground.

Enemies should drop whatever they were equipped with when you kill them. You shouldn't need to have your suspension of disbelief tested by an enemy who was wearing plate mail and swinging a greatsword dropping just a hunk of cheese or a ruby or whatever a random loot system assigns to them. Random loot as well as what was equipped is fair enough, but items that you could see an enemy using seemingly disappearing is immersion breaking. If you find the stuff to be a hassle just leave it lying on the ground.

Items can get destroyed right? Spears can be broken, armors misshaped beyond repair etc. etc. I wouldn't want to see completely random loot being dropped, and I would like to see loot being dropped (in case I AM looking for a generic spear) but making those not drop 100% of a time should be a good change.

• Like 1

I really appreciate a game where an NPC carries the loot that they themselves use.

It's not my problem that some of you are guilty hoarders, or don't take pleasure in vendor dumping.

Edited by injurai

Nope. I want to find a xaurip spear on a dead xaurip who attacked me with a spear when he was still alive.

Alright, but following that logic you should be able to loot clothes he wore and other miscellaneous items he undoubtedly had on his person. Not every creature needs to drop loot, gathering it is pretty much busy work (and as mentioned above, ignoring it can be difficult, especially if it clutters the whole room).

Gathering all the loot it takes a couple of clicks, and selling it all is pretty fast.

I've never felt cluttered by the loot in PoE, personally.

maybe the inventory could use a junk filter like in an email system. The player marks what‘s not useful and the system remembers it, next time you click on ‚take all‘ it stays in the pile, could help against the hoarding which is supported by ‚take all‘ and stash. H<ve to say i prefer the limited IE inventory system.

maybe the inventory could use a junk filter like in an email system. The player marks what‘s not useful and the system remembers it, next time you click on ‚take all‘ it stays in the pile, could help against the hoarding which is supported by ‚take all‘ and stash. H<ve to say i prefer the limited IE inventory system.

Oh I definitely second the idea of a loot filtering system where you can mark certain items as trash to be sold. and not see them in inventory until selling at a vendor.

A trash filter? What is trash for you guys? Any normal equipment? What happens when you start fighting enemies with lvl 6-9 that only drop exceptional or fine quality items? Oh, let me guess a filter for the filter? These people and their damn fixations for MMORPG mechanics...

Edited by molotov.