Is there any chance that the AI can use their skills/spells as well?

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry if my question is silly or has been asked many times ago. I'm new here. I've been playing classic RPGs for many years. I love old-school ones like Baldur's Gate, Torment, Neverwinter Nights, Divine Divinity. It's so good to see such an amzing RPG like POI released.

Now that for my question, perhaps i'm old already but is there any chance that the AI can use their skills/spells as well? in POI, i have to pause the game nearly every 0.5 second to order all the party, but combat is the most enjoyable part in the game and i can't enjoy it with this combat system.

I think something like Tyranny is better.

Regards.

What???  :blink: Now nobody here will want to give you serious answers. ;)

Concerning your question:

AI can use active abilites and spells - also in PoE 1. If it does it in a smart way is debateable though. So far even in Deadfire I turn it off because it totally messes up what plans I have in mind.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Tyranny combat better? Blasphemy!

There is a promise of detailed companion AI, which should allow you to specify, what skills they use, in what situations etc. Hopefully, it will make for a more controlled and precise AI for those who don’t want to micro their entire team every couple seconds. It is not in the beta as of yet so it’s difficult to say how well it will work.

• Like 1

AI can use active abilites and spells - also in PoE 1. If it does it in a smart way is debateable though. So far even in Deadfire I turn it off because it totally messes up what plans I have in mind.

There is a promise of detailed companion AI, which should allow you to specify, what skills they use, in what situations etc. Hopefully, it will make for a more controlled and precise AI for those who don’t want to micro their entire team every couple seconds. It is not in the beta as of yet so it’s difficult to say how well it will work.

You guys misunderstood me. I mean at least the AI can do something wihout me, not the entire combat system of the game. I don't need they are smart or something, but i want to enjoy all those beautiful effects, sounds, animations, not to pause and micro all the time XD.

You guys misunderstood me. I mean at least the AI can do something wihout me, not the entire combat system of the game. I don't need they are smart or something, but i want to enjoy all those beautiful effects, sounds, animations, not to pause and micro all the time XD.

If you choose to not use the customizable AI, I would imagine they'll be totally boneheaded, yeah. Why wouldn't you use it?

It won't be able to select abilities based on damage reduction (freeze the water elemental!), but you'll be able to heal someone who is hurt, cure a debuff, knockdown an enemy attacking your wizard, things like that, much better than in POE1.

• Like 1

"you'll be able to heal someone who is hurt, cure a debuff, knockdown an enemy attacking your wizard, things like that, much better than in POE1."

Really, thats really cool, at least i have more free time, i just dont want to pause the game every 0.5 second XD.