holy meditation

Gromnir

not a bug per se, but is there a reason holy meditation has only a ten second duration? seems a little odd given the durations o' other priestly inspirations.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Besides withdraw I found it really difficult to find any decent tier 2 priest spells tbh, and the 10 second duration was definitely the reason I skipped holy meditation.  Another thing I noticed among priest spells were quite a few weak single target buffs with a 6 second cast time.  Why in the world would I ever take one of those over something that has a decent aoe and duration like blessing, dire blessing, devotions for the faithful, etc?

• Like 1

Besides withdraw I found it really difficult to find any decent tier 2 priest spells tbh, and the 10 second duration was definitely the reason I skipped holy meditation.  Another thing I noticed among priest spells were quite a few weak single target buffs with a 6 second cast time.  Why in the world would I ever take one of those over something that has a decent aoe and duration like blessing, dire blessing, devotions for the faithful, etc?

in the recent twitch, josh did mention obsidian were specific addressing the cast times o' a few priest spells, particular given how such spells is intended, in part, to counter afflictions.  may not get lengthening o' duration for all such spells, but we expect reduced cast times for at least a few inspirations/protections.

even so, holy meditation strikes us as a particular outlier insofar as durations is concerned.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)