Dual Scepter outperforms Hunting Bow in every aspect?

dunehunter

Hunting bow has 3x the range.  The accuracy malus on rapid shot is amazing though, amazingly bad.  I feel like the malus on every modal needs rebalancing tbh.

I guess range is the only thing hunting bow offers now, but if you turn off the modal it's still worse than dual scepter, or even more because the dual wielding speed bonus is amazing.

- I assume that you do more damage with the sceptres in your images because the modal is on.

How much damage do you take yourself when you attack? (PoE1 was 3 damage to oneself per attack I think. I never used that talent)

- My biggest problem when trying to build some dual wielding chars is to find 2 weapons of the right type. You get one fine weapon when you create the char but finding a second fine weapon can be hard for some types.

Hunting bow has 3x the range.  The accuracy malus on rapid shot is amazing though, amazingly bad.  I feel like the malus on every modal needs rebalancing tbh.

I'd agree some (maybe most) of the modals need tuning.

However, the Hunting bow has -15 deflection from the sceptre, which means that it'll miss roughly 1/7th of the time compared to the sceptre. That doesn't seem like a bad price at all to pay for -50% action time, since you'll be attacking at a fast enough rate to make up for your misses and then some. It's only bad in comparison with the sceptre, and the dual wielding bonus, which currently seems overpowered.

Edited by cheesevillain
  • Like 1

Multiclass in a Cipher and add Biting Whip to your Dual Scepter guy for truly impressive damage output. :)

I like a bow, hunting or war, in one slot and dual scepters in the other on my Rangers (usually are Cipher multis as well). Start from range and then move up and use the scepters which also have no melee malus.

Dual scepters is great because of the modal. +20% damage and +2 PEN without slowdown or ACC malus is great. However: I played a Bleak Walker/Helwalker (so basically a Bleak Helwalker ;)) and the modal kills you after five shots or so if you have 10 wounds. Really easy to get wounds though. ;)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods